Has anyone gotten random freezing since i27 p2?

Olly

I pretty much only play CoH in my spare time, so I'm not sure if it's my PC or the game. After the last patch, I've gotten freezes in the game. It is pretty often with my corr when too many sounds are triggered at once, but now also at random times like when loading or just fighting 1-2 adds on other alts like my blaster. The freeze will last 30-60 seconds, after which everything goes back to normal.

The other complication is that I installed a new SSD, so I'm not sure if that affects anything. Note that my CoH folder is *not* on the new SSD which is purely for data. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Yes I have. It seems rubberbandy in a way but there's no snap back, just not being able to do anything at all for 30 seconds then fine. Not recommended in a pile of rularuu. I've had it on several different toons and different content and haven't noticed any consistent factors yet.

1 hour ago, Mr. Vee said:

Yes I have. It seems rubberbandy in a way but there's no snap back, just not being able to do anything at all for 30 seconds then fine. Not recommended in a pile of rularuu. I've had it on several different toons and different content and haven't noticed any consistent factors yet.

Ok thanks. Good to know I'm not the only one.. now 2 of several thousand users... It seems to be a similar issue. I play on windowed version, and I just get the spinning circle with the screen faded out. Like you, it lasts 30-60 seconds.

I haven't gotten a spinning circle or fade. Everything looks the same, I just can't activate anything. My initial thought was that I was being temporarily flagged with the new 'disable all powers' p2w power somehow, but one of the several times it happened I did rubber band. I've not taken that power on anything, so it couldn't be accidentally activating it on my end.

Yes I have had same issue. I run full screen. To me its like the Pause button is hit for 15-30 sec and then restarts. On teams, the rest of the team continues on while I am 'paused'. When I 'unpause' the rest of the team has cleared the mob and moved on and I have to go catch up with them. So its something specific to my character. I have noticed it on various characters, and it seems to happen most often when there is a lot of activity occurring. I haven't noticed it when just cruising around or sitting in my base.

I get random black screens that last half a sec or shorter thru out gameplay. Not sure what it is. Brand new Alienware PC I bought just to come back to this game. 

been seeing a lot of enemies get stuck thru walls. 

also I’ve had minor minor connection issues that cause the game to freeze but no more then 5-10 seconds. 

Hmm, I've been having similar issues for the past few days.  When I get them, I can't do anything for about 30 seconds (if i'm moving I get snapped back to where I was when things started).  Enemies are still acting around me, often attacking me or my pets.  Everything seems fine when it catches up though.  In one instance I got hung up while exiting a mission and was kicked back to the login screen when it resolved, however I got the "This account is currently logged in" error when logging back in.  The hiccups don't seem to matter if it's busy or not, while I have them more often in combat, sometimes I get them just hanging out.  I had it happen to me in the middle of Atlas Plaza with only two other players nearby.

I've been pulling up the netgraph every time it happens (/netgraph 2, it will block the bottom right corner of the screen so be aware if you're in combat).  When it happens I see frequent tiny gaps in the connection graph.  Sometimes they're single yellow bars spaced evenly, sometimes they're single bar-wide gaps but still evenly spaced.  When the hiccup resolves, the graph looks normal but I notice there's typically a spike of about 100 retransmitted/duplicated packets but nothing lost.  There doesn't seem to be any connection issues outside of the game when it occurs so i'm inclined to believe there may be something up with the client or server connections.

Should also point out this seems to happen more often late at night.  I notice the hiccups occuring a lot more after 1am Eastern.  Before that point the hiccups are a lot less common, even nonexistent at times.

EDIT

Decided to record my Netgraph for a bit to demonstrate what i'm seeing.  I had a freezeup a short while ago in a mission.  This was solo, but set to x6 so a fair number of spawns.  Here's what my Netgraph was looking like before:

859892900_NetgraphBefore.thumb.PNG.2aa0cb47d5324146e89400e0c0ff0af5.PNG

High send/recieve, like I said, lots of spawns.  Rikti too so you got all those portal effects of theirs.  It's pretty normal.  When the freeze happened, I started seeing this pattern:

1095784365_NetgraphDuring.thumb.PNG.265ee28adbc0336d55424e58a4e16b8f.PNG

On the right you can see the gaps.  I also started seeing a few duped/retransmitted packets.  This lasted about 24 seconds.  My ping did not change significantly during the freezeup, hovering in the usual 110-130 range i'm used to seeing.  Additionally nothing outside of the game was affected network wise and at the hour I play nobody else is using my internet to my knowledge.  Once everything cleared up and I was back in control of my character:

2090971048_NetgraphAfter.thumb.PNG.2bd96b4bd0c9011ceecfd28835ef7134.PNG

Suddenly seeing over a hundred extra duped packets and the pattern of yellow spots/gaps is pretty consistent throughout the event.  I've been seeing this pattern every so often but it usually is the same every freezeup.  Evenly spaced gaps and massive packet duplication.  This also isn't character specific, as I've seen it on more than one at this point.

Edited by ZorkNemesis
Some netgraph information
  • Like 2

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.