*GASP* Thoughts on a NON farming brute...

Xandyr

i have ran many of brutes of all kinds i would say out of your choices i would go either Ice /Rad or Ice/Bio both have a lot of survivability built in damage/healing/regen/to-hit/endurance recovery/ recharge lol i could go on and on but in my mind Radiation and Bio are the most well rounded sets with propyl willpower and invulnerability just behind them. don't get me wrong ever secondary power for a brute can be built to be almost indestructible but these 2 tend to stand out to me personally. at work now but tomorrow morning i can post a couple of builds that you can look over. 

One of my favorite general content characters is an Elec/Shield brute.  You just fling lightning EVERYWHERE, easily softcap your positionals, have pretty okay resists, STELLAR mez protection, a great -dmg/+dmg aura you can slot for Taunt and make yourself incredibly sticky for tanking, TWO teleporting huge damage AoEs that knockup?  It's hard to beat.  Pick your favorite color of lightning, queue up Immigrant Song, and go full Thor Ragnarok Finale.

You can even have a solo build that focuses on being selfish and a partying build that takes Grant Cover and (maybe) Phalanx Fighting.  I hate relying on Phalanx Fighting to softcap, but having it is really nice in any TF with -def enemies to prevent cascades.  Your squishies and resist builds will always thank you for Grant Cover, 9-10% defense goes a long way on those blasters who didn't so much as take Weave or Maneuvers and Invuln tanks who rely on 90% resist to everything will become unkillable gods when their defenses go from "enh, 20% is good enough" to "wow 30% defense is much better" and they may not KNOW it's your Grant Cover's def and def debuff resist, but you will.

Find yourself a Bots/FF mastermind to pal around with and your whole team will be astounded at how nobody ever dies again.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2021 at 6:35 PM, Nemu said:

WhirlwindWhirlwindWhirlwindWhirlwindWhirlwindWhirlwindWhirlwindWhirlwindWhirlwindWhirlwindWhirlwindWhirlwindWhirlwindWhirlwind!!!!

You should try whirlwind, that would be gist of what I'm trying to say.....

So can you leave whirlwind on all the time?  I love the skill but I've never pushed it to the limits as I end up out of stamina.

Form of the soul has an endurance discount buff and that allows you to sustain WW with regen's quick recovery. I tried it on my elec/regen brute and WW sucked my end dry, so quick recovery by itself is not enough.

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

• 2 weeks later
On 5/19/2021 at 3:19 PM, Nemu said:

Form of the soul has an endurance discount buff and that allows you to sustain WW with regen's quick recovery. I tried it on my elec/regen brute and WW sucked my end dry, so quick recovery by itself is not enough.

When are we doing the all whirlwind ITF?  I have 2 toons ready....staff/regen scrapper (Turbinado) and a staff/WP brute (Toilet of Justice)

I'm always down and ready for a SPINNING good time. You name the date and the place and I'll be there!

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!