More Super Action!

I want to fight supers. I want there to be random spawnings of actual superheroes and supervillains in missions. (Tip missions aren't too bad for this, to be fair, but those are very predictable.)

Right now what we have is mission after mission of fighting thugs and agents and soldiers and troopers and such. We're just beating guys that, at the end of the day, just want to go home and eat lasagna with their families. Sure, there is the occasional mission in a story arc where you there is a Verified™ super powered threat... you know, like one of the Vindicators,  or Nemesis himself (or is it?), or Silver Mantis, or what have you.

Yeah, yeah, yeah... There are bosses that have "super powers." But that's not really the same thing is it? A Family boss is just a Family boss. A Circle of Thorns boss might be a cool wizard, but he's just a cool wizard. They're not superheroes and supervillains.

I propose all the actual supers be given one or more hidden faction tags. Ms. Liberty, for example, might be tagged for the Longbow, Vanguard, and PPD factions.

Whenever you enter a mission, the RNG rolls the dice behind the scenes, and if it pops, a super (or two or more) spawns in that mission. Defeating them is not required to complete the mission, but they are there. They might spawn as a static mob in a random room, or maybe they will spawn as an ambush that chases you down. They might spawn as a boss, EB, or AV depending on your team make up and who the super is.

Maybe you're just doing radio missions in Peregrine. You have a mission Get the Gizmo from Arachnos. BAM! Captain Mako and Silver Mantis (because your team was large) come charging down the hall at you!

I want to fight supers in my supers game.

• Like 2

having them in a Radio mission would probably need to be a Difficulty Notoriety setting. But, I'm on board with it becoming an Option that can be checkmarked for those players who want to face off against it. 

Another thing I'd love.... but god how would you manage it?  Would be some way that the game to scour MY account for Supers, both Friendly and Hostile. If I had no qualifying characters, then sure, okay, draw from a standard list somewhere. 

but how cool would it be if entering a mission with my Mind/Kin controller, I'm met at the door by my own Invuln/SS tanker, and halfway through the mission, my own AR/MC blaster, and after 2 levels of obligtatory trash packs, we all face off against my own Plant/Psi Dominator, my own Dark/Dark Corruptor, and my own Spines/Regen Stalker?  All with their full set bonuses, their full list of slotted powers, pool powers, etc, their incarnate powers if we're at the appropriate level, and oh yea IT'S ON!!!   Showdown / Throwndown!!

• Thanks 1

You'd probably have to do it as a separate radio setup with unique Ad-Lib missions. Just because of the way "Boss" is coded into them.

But that could be really cool, actually. Radio Missions where you explicitly hunt down AVs? I'd play the heck out of that.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2021 at 7:30 PM, MTeague said:

having them in a Radio mission would probably need to be a Difficulty Notoriety setting. But, I'm on board with it becoming an Option that can be checkmarked for those players who want to face off against it. 

Another thing I'd love.... but god how would you manage it?  Would be some way that the game to scour MY account for Supers, both Friendly and Hostile. If I had no qualifying characters, then sure, okay, draw from a standard list somewhere. 

but how cool would it be if entering a mission with my Mind/Kin controller, I'm met at the door by my own Invuln/SS tanker, and halfway through the mission, my own AR/MC blaster, and after 2 levels of obligtatory trash packs, we all face off against my own Plant/Psi Dominator, my own Dark/Dark Corruptor, and my own Spines/Regen Stalker?  All with their full set bonuses, their full list of slotted powers, pool powers, etc, their incarnate powers if we're at the appropriate level, and oh yea IT'S ON!!!   Showdown / Throwndown!!

That reminds me of an idea I had before for you to have a Nemesis character who popped up now and then, with counter/inverted versions of your powers (swords vs axes, ice blast vs fire blast, rifles vs pistols, etc).  Would be complicated to do, but would be AWESOME.