Powerset Suggestion:Crossbow Assault

Tier 1 : Light Bolt :  Ranged, Lethal, Minor Damage, Minor DoT

You use your crossbow to do damage and bleed enemy.

Tier 2 : Shove : Melee, Smash, Moderate Damage, Foe Knockback

You use butt of your crossbow to push enemies away and do damage while you are at it.

Tier 3 : Heavy Bolt : Ranged, Lethal, Moderate Damage, Foe Knockdown

You use your crossbow to do heavy damage while knocking enemy down.
(Standart Crossbow animation)

Tier 4 : Repeating Bolt : Ranged Cone, Lethal, High DoT.

You quickly shot your crossbow bolts in front of you to deal heavy damage.
(Uses Cutting Beam Animation from Beam Rifle)

Tier 5 : Focus : Self, Chance to do double damage

You focus to increase your damage

Tier 6 : Escapede : PBAoE, Moderate Lethal DoT. Foe Knockdown, Self Teleport, +Def

You escape backwards and quickly shot your crossbow bolts at your previous location.

Tier 7 : Exploding Bolt : Ranged, Targeted AoE,  High Lethal/Fire Damage, Foe Knockback

You fire a grenade-tipped bolt at long range. This explosion affects all within the blast radius, and can knock them back.

Tier 8 : Penetrating Bolt : Sniper, Extreme DMG (Lethal/Smash) Foe -Def -Res.

You use penetrating bolt on enemy to weaken their defenses.

Tier 9 : Shocking Bolt : Ranged, Superior DoT (Smash/Energy) Sleep (Pulsing)

You fire a electric tipped bolt at enemy to put them in sleep

Darkneblade,

Cool suggestion!  From my (limited) perspective, these powers seem somewhat similar to Archery.  What if the powersets Archery & Crossbow were merged, and the weapon style was an option in costume, similar to Mace or Broadsword?

• Like 2

formerly @JimmyVine (on Infinity & Victory)

currently @Cenozoic (on Reunion)

Cenozoic (Mind/Psionic Dominator) ... Los Infiernos (Fire/Devices Blaster) ... Slof (Stone/Spines Tanker) ... Zen's Furnace (Illusion/Dark Controller) ... Cryovolcano (Earth/Cold Controller)

59 minutes ago, Cenozoic said:

Darkneblade,

Cool suggestion!  From my (limited) perspective, these powers seem somewhat similar to Archery.  What if the powersets Archery & Crossbow were merged, and the weapon style was an option in costume, similar to Mace or Broadsword?

From my understanding cast times are wildly different for different powers. Also animations could be considered too.

Like : Fistful of Arrows is similar to Repeating Bolt. But archery cast time is low compare to say Cutting Beam (which animation comes from)

That is not to say it is impossible but just hard probably. Hence new powerset

Fair point!  Maybe a "specification" pathway option like VEATs use?  Both Crossbow and Archery use basic archery tactics, etc.

• Like 1

formerly @JimmyVine (on Infinity & Victory)

currently @Cenozoic (on Reunion)

Cenozoic (Mind/Psionic Dominator) ... Los Infiernos (Fire/Devices Blaster) ... Slof (Stone/Spines Tanker) ... Zen's Furnace (Illusion/Dark Controller) ... Cryovolcano (Earth/Cold Controller)

I will say that if there was a crossbow set, or crossbow animations for Archery or even maybe Assault Rifle, I already know what character I'd use them for. So I support this idea, though I'm not sure how easy it would be to implement.

• 11 months later

To differentiate this power from similar sets, I'd make the DoT it's main focus, maybe something like bleed counters that multiply the DoT. Might need to rework the powerset to accommodate it though. Alternatively you could include a few powers that use fine wire. It could tie up and DoT enemie(s) as it tightens and cuts. either way I'd definitely give the set an armor piercing bonus.

Since a crossbow could basically be wielded by 1 hand, (essentially using some of the existing single pistol animations), the melee attacks could utilize other animations for the off-hand.  This would greatly ease the creation of such a set.

Uhm... I actually have a few crossbows... and I gotta say... while you may be able to fire any of them one-handed? There is no way in hell I could ever manage it with the big one. The small hand crossbow? Sure. All day. The big one? I always fire with both hands, and usually with it laying on top of a barrier or other support. I find firing a rifle much less strenuous.

(Edit: A rifle has way more kick usually, but doesn't require as much effort to stabilize and fire.)

Edited by Rudra

3 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Uhm... I actually have a few crossbows... and I gotta say... while you may be able to fire any of them one-handed? There is no way in hell I could ever manage it with the big one. The small hand crossbow? Sure. All day. The big one? I always fire with both hands, and usually with it laying on top of a barrier or other support. I find firing a rifle much less strenuous.

I'm speaking from the perspective of the fantastic setting of CoH;  Where folks wield dual pistols and ARs without ever having to reload, and where the smallest, slightest character can wield a giant weapon without issue.  In the real world, I am 100% with you...