New Weapons/Armor?

Madae

Do new things get added from time to time? Had an idea for a duelist styled hero and was hoping something like a Rapier would get added for Broadsword and a smaller shield, like a buckler or forearm guard, for Shield Defense.

• Like 2

Stuff does get added. But mostly using existing art assests... Mostly.

I, too, have been waiting for a Rapier Set. But it looks like the next powerset is going to be an Earth Blast type set or something?

All we have to go off is this one image.

screen6.jpg

That said, I doubt we'll be seeing any kind of Rapier set for a -very- long time. Just because we've got so many different weapon powersets, already.

But if you take a look at Dual Blades? It has Rapiers as an option, if that helps!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I agree with OP. There is a rapier in Dual Blades, so it would possibly be fairly easy to add the same rapier to Broadsword as well? Not sure, but that seems likely to be the easiest approach.

At the moment, though, you could try and make do with the Chromium Cutlass and maybe the Targe for a shield? Or if you're more interested in the duelist concept than in the specific powersets, you could make the character Dual Blades, maybe with a rapier/dagger setup, and choose a different defensive set.

• Like 1

The Vanguard shield would actually be the perfect size, if only it didn't animate. And yeah, swapping the Rapier from Dual Blades to Broadsword doesn't seem like it would be too hard. Here's to hoping that something does get added.

1 hour ago, Madae said:

The Vanguard shield would actually be the perfect size, if only it didn't animate. And yeah, swapping the Rapier from Dual Blades to Broadsword doesn't seem like it would be too hard. Here's to hoping that something does get added.

What happens if you make that shield double-white or double-black?  Is the animation still visible?  Sometimes those color combos help to hide details you don't want, I know.

• Retired Developer

The best way to get anything cosmetic pushed up above others in terms of suggestions is to be as descriptive as possible. References for things that are generic are extremely helpful in narrowing down what you either want, or don't want, as generic objects are left up to interpretation otherwise. Think of all the different types of axes or the different styles of a chefs hat.

A small caveat with blade weapons specifically is the possibility it might be too short when range and animations are considered.

18 hours ago, Menelruin said:

What happens if you make that shield double-white or double-black?  Is the animation still visible?  Sometimes those color combos help to hide details you don't want, I know.

Doesn't matter really, cause the animation changes the look of the shield. I noticed when I had the Targe it didn't really stay out all that often, even when not using powers, but the cool thing about the Vanguard shield is that it does stay out in idle, so it's kinda neat to have a tiny shield on your arm all the time. When you use a shield power, it "unfolds" into a larger shield.

2 hours ago, Naomi said:

The best way to get anything cosmetic pushed up above others in terms of suggestions is to be as descriptive as possible. References for things that are generic are extremely helpful in narrowing down what you either want, or don't want, as generic objects are left up to interpretation otherwise. Think of all the different types of axes or the different styles of a chefs hat.

A small caveat with blade weapons specifically is the possibility it might be too short when range and animations are considered.

For simplicity sake, the unanimated Vanguard shield would do just fine, maybe there could be a secondary visual option for it to not have it animate, because it does have those categories already, there's just no other options there. Including a Rapier could be trickier, especially since a few of the Broadsword animations really don't fit a finesse weapon. Ideally, Hack, Head Splitter and Disembowel would maybe have a secondary animation for something more pokey.

Edited by Madae

• 2 weeks later
On 5/11/2021 at 9:59 PM, Steampunkette said:

Stuff does get added. But mostly using existing art assests... Mostly.

I, too, have been waiting for a Rapier Set. But it looks like the next powerset is going to be an Earth Blast type set or something?

All we have to go off is this one image.

screen6.jpg

That said, I doubt we'll be seeing any kind of Rapier set for a -very- long time. Just because we've got so many different weapon powersets, already.

But if you take a look at Dual Blades? It has Rapiers as an option, if that helps!

That looks like the ludo power - rocks are his friends 😄

images.jpg.e50f1466e473400ea98663a2cceed187.jpg

Buddy the Elf makes debut for HUB Late Night

Untitled.jpg