Double XP, could there be something weird about it?

Sovera

I just noticed something odd.

I will usually do two runs of a farm map to PL a new alt. This invariably ends with the new character at 23. I ate two double XP from the anniversary and ended level 23 exactly the same.

I will usually run one DFB and end level 7 (terrible btw, forces me to AE the last level so I can do Posi 1). Ate two double XP from the anniversary and just barely squeaked past to reach level 7.

Where did that whole level of rested XP even go??

Assuming you're referring to the Experienced power granting Patrol XP, you only get a full level's worth of it at max, and at lower levels it tends to be a lot less.  It only takes 800 xp to get from level 5 to level 6, as opposed to the 4.4 million from 49 to 50.  You really do just go through it that fast at lower levels, especially if you're PLing, running DFB, and/or using the P2W XP boosters.

It's really just not worth using those until later levels where the numbers start to really add up, or if you somehow find yourself drowning in debt.

Edited by ZorkNemesis

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

10 hours ago, ZorkNemesis said:

Assuming you're referring to the Experienced power granting Patrol XP, you only get a full level's worth of it at max, and at lower levels it tends to be a lot less.  It only takes 800 xp to get from level 5 to level 6, as opposed to the 4.4 million from 49 to 50.  You really do just go through it that fast at lower levels, especially if you're PLing, running DFB, and/or using the P2W XP boosters.

It's really just not worth using those until later levels where the numbers start to really add up, or if you somehow find yourself drowning in debt.

Visually one click gives half a level of rested XP. Two give a full level. Rested XP is an extra 50% XP (not double XP (100%)), so I should at least have obtained half a level more from two uses of the Experienced power, but there was no effect during the DFB run where I barely barely got enough to reach level 7 where level 7 is where one DFB run usually puts me at regardless.

I can see what you're saying though. As long as the rested XP scales with the required XP (AKA 'half a level') then if I need 500 XP to level I'd get 250. But if I need 500k then I'd get 250k. If it works like that then yes, using it in the low levels is of nearly no use.

On 5/13/2021 at 2:00 AM, Sovera said:

Visually one click gives half a level of rested XP. Two give a full level. Rested XP is an extra 50% XP (not double XP (100%)), so I should at least have obtained half a level more from two uses of the Experienced power, but there was no effect during the DFB run where I barely barely got enough to reach level 7 where level 7 is where one DFB run usually puts me at regardless.

I can see what you're saying though. As long as the rested XP scales with the required XP (AKA 'half a level') then if I need 500 XP to level I'd get 250. But if I need 500k then I'd get 250k. If it works like that then yes, using it in the low levels is of nearly no use.

About the only time it's actually worth using is for veteran levels, since XP boosters stop working once you hit 50. Maaaaaaaybe it's worth using once you hit the low-to-mid 40s but even those go by pretty quick.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube