The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Accolades go away when changing to vigilante from Villain

Ukase

So, I got my High Pain Threshold accolade, and when I switched from Villain to Vigilante, all my accolades disappeared, impacting my stats, as evidenced by the drop in Hitpoints in combat stats. 

When switching from Villain to Hero, they remain. And then if I switch to vigilante, they remain. 

AccoladeVigilante.gif

Accoladevillain.gif

Switching sides is supposed to award you the equivalent accolades for your new alignment (High Pain Threshold will grant you Freedom Phalanx Reserve Member, and only the FPRM accolade power would be in effect). I'm wondering if you switched under some specific circumstance that would have prevented the game from realizing that it was supposed to do that.

From Champion (Hero) and Infinity (Villain), currently playing on Everlasting.

Former member of the Hammers of Justice on Champion.

Raid leader for 'Everlasting TFs'.

Mains: Trickery Girl (Ill/Rad Controller), Burk (Sword/Shield Stalker), and 7 other complete badge characters.

Did you try zoning after switching, or waiting a minute or so? Or were you just flipping the switch with Null the Gull right away? I know there is a backend script that checks badges and badge requirements that takes a few seconds to kick in (and/or checks when you zone) so that might've fixed the issue.

At a guess, it's only programmed to make sure you get the equivalent accolades if you switch to Hero rather than Vigilante because you couldn't skip Hero to Vigilante until the option was added to NtG. That said, I checked two characters on Beta and going Hero to Rogue does grant the accolades, so...

Playing on Excelsior. Champion forever.

50s: Placta • elec/elec blaster // Rye Lily IV • mind/psi dominator // PLACT-A • bots/ff mastermind // Danielle Connelly • elec/elec dominator // Acme Coin Rink • ice/cold controller // Yin Blazer • psi/wp scrapper // Chalky Webs • db/sr stalker // Ultra Lance • kin/en scrapper // Eye Shell Coda • elec/elec tanker // Mind Wanna Fly • psy/emp corruptor

Others: Virtual Lines • peacebringer • 43 // Favours Green • plant/nat controller • 39 // Clear Corn Ion • elec/storm controller • 34 // Hum a Crypt • claws/regen scrapper • 29 // By Her Ant • psy/ment blaster • 24 // Clean a Hall Arch • shield/sword tanker • 19 // Paler Vow • ninjas/ta mastermind • 10 // more...

I routinely obtain the passive Accolade powers redside on all my new characters. I almost always switch right away to Vigilante afterward without becoming a Hero first, and I've never run into this problem.

From Champion (Hero) and Infinity (Villain), currently playing on Everlasting.

Former member of the Hammers of Justice on Champion.

Raid leader for 'Everlasting TFs'.

Mains: Trickery Girl (Ill/Rad Controller), Burk (Sword/Shield Stalker), and 7 other complete badge characters.

It doesn't happen all the time but I've had it happen on a few occasions. Going all the way to the opposite alignment and then to the desired Rogue/Vigilante has fixed it every time.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube