Elec/Bio/Psi build

Dark Dove

Here's my latest attempt at a sentinel. This one is holding my attention a lot better than the others, I think because of bio but Elec is really solid. This is my first try at bio armor ever, it doesn't play much like other sets I'm used to because of how heavily I'm tending to rely on the clicks, but it's working out well.  It's not a blaster but it does some fun damage, has good AoE, mez protection and great mitigation, so I'm definitely playing this some more.

Build:

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.7
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Mutation Sentinel
Primary Power Set: Electrical Blast
Secondary Power Set: Bio Armor
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Psionic Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Charged Bolts -- SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprSntWar-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprSntWar-Rchg/+Absorb(7)
Level 1: Hardened Carapace -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(7), Ags-ResDam(9), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(9)
Level 2: Ball Lightning -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), Bmbdmt-Dam(11), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(13), JvlVll-Dam%(13), PstBls-Dam%(15)
Level 4: Environmental Adaptation -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(17), Rct-ResDam%(17), ShlWal-Def(19), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(19), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(21)
Level 6: Zapping Bolt -- SprOppStr-Rchg/+Opportunity(A), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(23), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg(25), GldJvl-Dam%(25)
Level 8: Inexhaustible -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 10: Adaptation
Level 12: Tesla Cage -- HO:Nucle(A), Apc-Dmg(27), Apc-Dam%(27), GldNet-Dam%(29), GldJvl-Dam%(29), NrnSht-Dam%(31)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(37)
Level 16: Ablative Carapace -- Pnc-Heal(A), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(31), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(31), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(33), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(33)
Level 18: Voltaic Sentinel -- CaltoArm-Acc/Dmg(A), CaltoArm-Dmg/EndRdx(33), CaltoArm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), CaltoArm-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(34)
Level 20: Rebuild DNA -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(34), Prv-Heal(36), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(36), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(36), Prv-Heal/Rchg(37)
Level 22: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 24: Fly -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 26: Short Circuit -- HO:Nucle(A), Arm-Dmg(37), Arm-Dam%(39), Obl-%Dam(39), ScrDrv-Dam%(39), Erd-%Dam(40)
Level 28: Athletic Regulation -- HO:Micro(A)
Level 30: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 32: Thunderous Blast -- SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(A), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Bmbdmt-Dam(40), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(42), JvlVll-Dam%(42), PstBls-Dam%(42)
Level 35: Genomic Evolution -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 38: Parasitic Leech -- SynSck-Dam/Rech(A), SynSck-EndMod/Rech(43), SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed(43), SynSck-Dam/Rech/Acc(43), SynSck-Dam/Acc/End(45)
Level 41: Mind Probe -- Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(45), Hct-Acc/Rchg(45), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), Hct-Dmg(46)
Level 44: Dominate -- GhsWdwEmb-Acc/EndRdx(A), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(46), GldNet-Dam%(48), UnbCns-Dam%(48), GldJvl-Dam%(48), NrnSht-Dam%(50)
Level 47: Link Minds -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(50), AdjTrg-Rchg(50)
Level 49: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Opportunity
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- HO:Micro(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(15)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon
Level 10: Defensive Adaptation
Level 10: Efficient Adaptation
Level 10: Offensive Adaptation
------------

I kinda wanted more fly speed enhancement in hover, but I just run both hover and fly without any end problems so it worked out fine.

Voltaic Sentinel feels kinda awful. It's okay when soloing, gets completely lost/forgotten in teams, but I'm starting to think just taking terrible lightning bolt to fill up the early level attack chain might be a better go, and an opportunity to fit in a decimation set with the build up proc might be really nice.  For now I'm keeping Voltaic Sentinel but the next respec I may try LB just for exemplar purposes.

I'd recommend this combo though, it's pretty fun. Take this build and try it out or make a better one (and then share it!)

• Like 1

VS is sad but I find having a macro to cast it automatically, without the reticle, makes it more bearable. This way I cast it while jumping towards the next group of mob, and it's "free" DPS.

Even with that, it's hardly worth it. Poor Volty really ought to be perma, or at least last 3 minutes.

I like to stuff a full ATO set in it, gives me guaranteed opportunity or guaranteed absorb. My Zapping Bolt takes 5-pieces Apoc instead.

4 hours ago, nihilii said:

I like to stuff a full ATO set in it, gives me guaranteed opportunity or guaranteed absorb.

I agree, a great way to slot it!

That's where I went with it too originally, but as I was playing I found myself casting VS less and less than expected so I moved the ATO somewhere that I knew I would use it (weak as the ATO procs are, I'm still drawn to making myself use them).  I might try it again with a macro, I was also going to do that originally but I forgot the syntax for the ground target macros since my last shield character a couple months ago, boo!

I think the main thing I'm missing is a spot for Assault, The extra 10% damage would make a difference in the long haul, at least in the late game. I'm just not willing to sacrifice any more recharge and I'm still trying to use VS, so there's just nothing I feel like I can sacrifice for it right now. Sentinel builds for me just feel incredibly tight, like there's just no room for all the powers I want in any situation.

17 minutes ago, underfyre said:

I prefer to put Sentinel's Ward in an aoe ability if I can, it triggers off every mob hit.  The shield is pretty meh off of one mob, but when you hit 10 it suddenly becomes mildly useful.

Totally great option too.  For this character I prioritized proc slotting for the AoE's to maximize the damage, but it's definitely worth considering for maximizing the efficiency of the ATO procs!

I played this combo for a while with a build quite similar to what you have posted. Runners were a problem because Thunderous Blast drains way more than expected, especially when running the damage alpha. I swear after a while it felt that bosses would start running when they saw me coming.

I changed to running Elec/Energy/Elec, though I suppose it would work replacing Psi with Elec as well. Personal taste. I do continue to run Psi on another sent and must say that it does do more damage, both ST and AoE.

4 hours ago, PyroBeetle said:

I played this combo for a while with a build quite similar to what you have posted. Runners were a problem because Thunderous Blast drains way more than expected, especially when running the damage alpha. I swear after a while it felt that bosses would start running when they saw me coming.

That's just how the game works when you aren't taunting things.  As soon as you hit a group with any attack, some percentage of them will start running.

Edited by DarknessEternal

8 hours ago, underfyre said:

I prefer to put Sentinel's Ward in an aoe ability if I can, it triggers off every mob hit.

Whaat. I never knew that, somehow. I take it it's a solid option in nukes, then, ought to proc at 90% per mob and gives you a massive shield. Right?

This is what I do with my Sentinels, I place the Sentinel's Ward set in the nuke, start every fight off with about a 30% Absorb Shield. As far as the runners go, that is why I hit them with Electric Fences after the nuke 🙂

• Like 1

• 1 month later

Here's what I'm using currently, I've basically given up on Voltaic Sentinel, I can't get myself to recast it enough to make it worth having even if it is more optimal for damage.  Picked up a little recharge and two Power Transfer heal procs in the trade though, feels much better now and I'm getting more out of that power slot with Evasive Maneuvers to make Hover really zippy.

Build:

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.5.6
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Mutation Sentinel
Primary Power Set: Electrical Blast
Secondary Power Set: Bio Armor
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Psionic Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Charged Bolts -- SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprSntWar-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprSntWar-Rchg/+Absorb(7)
Level 1: Hardened Carapace -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(7), Ags-ResDam(9), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(9)
Level 2: Ball Lightning -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), Bmbdmt-Dam(11), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(13), JvlVll-Dam%(13), PstBls-Dam%(15)
Level 4: Environmental Adaptation -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(17), Rct-ResDam%(19), ShlWal-Def(19), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(21), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(21)
Level 6: Zapping Bolt -- SprOppStr-Rchg/+Opportunity(A), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(23), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(25), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg(25), GldJvl-Dam%(27)
Level 8: Inexhaustible -- PrfShf-End%(A), PwrTrns-+Heal(27)
Level 10: Adaptation
Level 12: Tesla Cage -- HO:Nucle(A), Apc-Dmg(29), Apc-Dam%(29), GldNet-Dam%(31), GldJvl-Dam%(31), NrnSht-Dam%(31)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(33)
Level 16: Ablative Carapace -- Pnc-Heal(A), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(33), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(33), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(34), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(34)
Level 18: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 20: Rebuild DNA -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(34), Prv-Heal(36), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(36), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(36), Prv-Heal/Rchg(37)
Level 22: Fly -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 24: Evasive Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 26: Short Circuit -- HO:Nucle(A), Arm-Dmg(37), Arm-Dam%(37), Obl-%Dam(39), ScrDrv-Dam%(39), Erd-%Dam(39)
Level 28: Athletic Regulation -- Flight-I(A)
Level 30: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 32: Thunderous Blast -- SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(A), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Bmbdmt-Dam(40), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(40), JvlVll-Dam%(42), PstBls-Dam%(42)
Level 35: Genomic Evolution -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 38: Parasitic Leech -- SynSck-Dam/Rech(A), SynSck-EndMod/Rech(42), SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed(43), SynSck-Dam/Rech/Acc(43), SynSck-Dam/Acc/End(43)
Level 41: Mind Probe -- Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(45), Hct-Acc/Rchg(45), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Hct-Dmg(46), TchofDth-Dam%(50)
Level 44: Dominate -- GhsWdwEmb-Acc/EndRdx(A), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(46), GldNet-Dam%(46), UnbCns-Dam%(48), GldJvl-Dam%(48), NrnSht-Dam%(48)
Level 47: Link Minds -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(50), AdjTrg-Rchg(50)
Level 49: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Opportunity
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(15)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PwrTrns-+Heal(17)
Level 24: Afterburner
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon
Level 10: Defensive Adaptation
Level 10: Efficient Adaptation
Level 10: Offensive Adaptation
------------