Give Widows more than one Widow uniform slot

Essentially impossible.

The Paragon Studios team had to break the game's UI to give Arachnos Soldiers/Widows the option of having a single "Costume Slot" tied to the standard uniforms. And did so by essentially cramming 1 slot of the "Arachnos Soldier" or "Arachnos Widow" character models into the character generator.

Because yeah. Those aren't player models wearing specific outfits, those are all pre-generated character models with minimal variability you're fighting in Arachnos Mishies.

Which is why any character that uses the Bane Spider armor can't take off the helmet. There's no "Version" of the npc model without the helmet and with a customizable head.

Male Widows and Female Soldiers had to be specifically created for this. Though, honestly, with that much effort being made they probably should've just made all the costume elements into costume pieces and ditched the option of doing the Bane Armor. Would've been smarter, if you ask me... but then you wouldn't be able to make a "Proper Bane" or a "Proper Crab" so they shrugged.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Steampunkette said:

Essentially impossible.

Peeve Attack!  Peeve Attack!  

Sorry. I hate 90% of all use of "impossible" or "cannot be done" for anything related to programming.

If it was done for one slot and not the others, it's POSSIBLE to change it to be an option for the other slots. 

It may every bit as depressing, disgusting, and ultimately futile as Kicking Dead Whales Down The Beach

But if the devs reallllllly wanted to focus on that to the exclusion of all else for as long as it took, I'm sure it can be accomplished. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MTeague said:

Peeve Attack!  Peeve Attack!  

Sorry. I hate 90% of all use of "impossible" or "cannot be done" for anything related to programming.

If it was done for one slot and not the others, it's POSSIBLE to change it to be an option for the other slots. 

It may every bit as depressing, disgusting, and ultimately futile as Kicking Dead Whales Down The Beach

But if the devs reallllllly wanted to focus on that to the exclusion of all else for as long as it took, I'm sure it can be accomplished. 

I like the cut of your jib.

Downsides of creating the additional Uniform Slot:

You have 2 costume slots that you cannot edit after earning them. You already have one.

Development time to give two Epic Archetypes extra costume slots instead of providing stuff that a larger portion of the playerbase will use.

Benefits:

A small portion of a tiny fragment of the playerbase will enjoy having two Uniform slots.

Essentially impossible.

10 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

You can make a standard arachanos uniform then change the colors of various costume pieces you want via sg mode colors.

I just did the impossible, 2 arachanos costumes.

I had not considered that one. Excellent idea.

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

Honestly, an overhaul of the costume-selection system is probably overdue anyway.  For the sake of the likes of server load and client-side rendering, and features like Hench&Pet Customization or being able to swap blast hardpoints or weapon models on the character rig . . . well, doing something new from the ground up might need to become a priority.

And given that City of Heroes is renown for its character customization, I frankly can't think of a bigger priority.  It's THE thing that made City of Heroes what it is today.  Even as there are many disparate components which lead to the greater whole, this game just wouldn't be what it is without the promise of player agency in the creation of their own works of personal expression.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/22/2021 at 11:13 AM, SeraphimKensai said:

You can make a standard arachanos uniform then change the colors of various costume pieces you want via sg mode colors.

I just did the impossible, 2 arachanos costumes.

I actually came to the same conclusion soon after I made this post and set the colors to red and black