ignite bug? wrong decimal?

Hew

The fear mag on my corr for ignite is 50!!!!!!!!

Should this be, uh, 5? Because there is pretty much zero chance to keep things contained to be killed by it.

On a ta, glue arrow + oil patch + entangling arrow + lots of damage is simply not enough to keep them in the damn patch!!!

At this point, enflame is waaaaaaaaaaaay better than ignite!

If it is a decimal error, it's a really really old one. That's what the fear mag on Burn used to be before it was removed when the upfront damage was added. I suspect it was just a matter of copying the pseudopet.

Check Caltrops, Rain of Fire, Ice Storm, Freezing Rain, etc.

an awful lot of Damage Patches have mag 50 fear, for as long as I can remember.

Enflame is the exception, not the rule.

My AR/Martial Blaster relies on a mix of the Frozen Blast Chance To Immob proc in ignite, the PBAE Slow from Reaction Time, a mix of knockdowns from her Kicks, etc. Gets the job done. I also make sure to send bosses into a corner and KEEP them there with Ki Push / Buckshot. while they burn.

18 minutes ago, MTeague said:

Check Caltrops, Rain of Fire, Ice Storm, Freezing Rain, etc.

an awful lot of Damage Patches have mag 50 fear, for as long as I can remember.

Enflame is the exception, not the rule.

To be fair, it could probably be removed without any issues - those other powers you listed all have one thing in common that Enflame doesn't: a slow that helps keep mobs in the effect.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, siolfir said:

To be fair, it could probably be removed without any issues - those other powers you listed all have one thing in common that ignite doesn't: a slow that helps keep mobs in the effect.

Yeah, you can instantout of ignite. Freakshow with fly just fly up out of the patch, and continue zapping you.

Yep, need a hold (for non-AV's) and/or an immobilize (for AV's) to really make use of it.  Debating on the build I'm working on creating whether or not to grab electric mastery epic for electric fence.  Charged armor is one of the better armor powers anyway so not a big sacrifice.  You have entangling arrow at least (trying to build an AR/dark for mine).  Trying to get more than 1 in the patch is going to be hard no matter what as it is tiny.

The other weird thing that I believe is a text error for the power description are the damage figures for the power.  It has a weird double damage entry for blasters and defenders (with slightly different numbers) that I don't believe is accurate as to its true damage.  Corrupters have a double entry as well, but that is typical for the scourge damage to show up and for them the numbers are the same twice in their case.  So corrupters seem to not have this error as otherwise for them it'd be a triple listing of damage tics (the two "normal ones" and the one for scourge. 

I did a little testing using an unslotted ignite at level 40 against an even level freakshow using petrifying gaze to hold them in place for the entire 10 seconds of the ignite. Defender and corrupter seem to do about the same damage with it (which is about right including solo vigilance buff).    They both seemed to have a few tics at a higher damage value that quickly went to the lower damage value.  So, it is a very confusing power to me.  But overall I think there is some errors in the in-game description of the actual damage numbers, but likely just a text error.

Mids seems to agree and seems to have the more accurate numbers as it lists ignite for defender doing 161 damage at level 50, as opposed to the in-game number that shows 384!  Mids says ignite for a corrupter does 380 while in-game it shows 372.  For corrupters both obviously are including full scourge, and yet also slightly still off, so in game I think it isn't showing those weird slightly more damaging few tics that occur early.  

30 minutes ago, Riverdusk said:

But overall I think there is some errors in the in-game description of the actual damage numbers, but likely just a text error.

That's because Defenders and Blasters share the same pseudopet for Ignite and the damage dealt is checked at the pseudopet level based on the AT that summoned it. The text error, if you want to call it that, is the well-known one where often clauses for damage entries (like Scourge) don't show when the damage applies in the in-game display.

Corruptors got their own pet because of Scourge.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Riverdusk said:

Mids seems to agree and seems to have the more accurate numbers as it lists ignite for defender doing 161 damage at level 50, as opposed to the in-game number that shows 384!  Mids says ignite for a corrupter does 380 while in-game it shows 372.  For corrupters both obviously are including full scourge, and yet also slightly still off, so in game I think it isn't showing those weird slightly more damaging few tics that occur early.

372 is "accurate"-ish given the in-game bug that shows 100% scourge for the full duration.   It's 186.295 unenhanced damage at level 50 (10 seconds of 0.2s ticks of 3.7259 fire damage = 50x3.7259 = 186.295)   How many of those ticks actually scourge is, of course, up to the health % of the enemy.  It's also fair to think of Corruptor Scourge as just tacking on 25% damage to every attack for the purpose of comparing them with Defenders.  That doesn't happen on every attack in practice, of course.  It's somewhere between zero and 100% damage bonus.  But averaged out over the lifetime of the character, it should amount to a 25% bonus.

Defender is 161.27 (50x3.2254).   Solo then, I'd compare them as Defender + 30% Vigilance and Corruptor + 25% Scourge.  You get 209.65 for Defender and 232.86 for Corruptor.  Again, the Defender will do that damage reliably every time (if it doesn't kill the target early) and Corruptor will vary wildly but over the long term average out to that damage from Ignite.

As for making it useful, yeah, I always had to rely on a Patron immob with my AR/Dark Corr on Live.  I used Black Scorpion which was slow to stack but also AoE.  Good for igniting most LTs at least.  As a result, I'd usually not bother taking Ignite right away at 26.  Suppose I could take PGaze at 28 and then drop it later.  Have no other use for it and Web Envelope is just a more useful control in general than a single hold.  Almost as fast to recharge, lasts longer, does -Fly and -Rech too.  Usually can't justify room in the build for both.

• Like 1

On 5/19/2021 at 10:43 AM, Hew said:

The fear mag on my corr for ignite is 50!!!!!!!!

Should this be, uh, 5? Because there is pretty much zero chance to keep things contained to be killed by it.

On a ta, glue arrow + oil patch + entangling arrow + lots of damage is simply not enough to keep them in the damn patch!!!

At this point, enflame is waaaaaaaaaaaay better than ignite!

They should be seriously run spd debuffed, as well as max run spd cap debuffed.  And several of those powers take Slow and/or Slow set enhancements, use them.

But I find it very useful on any character to have an Immobilize to keep AVs etc. in place as far too many turn into track and field stars when debuffed or find themselves in patches with Afraid.

23 minutes ago, Doomguide2005 said:

But I find it very useful on any character to have an Immobilize to keep AVs etc. in place as far too many turn into track and field stars when debuffed or find themselves in patches with Afraid.

Warwolves are immune to immobs (entirely???) and speedwalk at warp 9 when stunned, or just in general. 😕

2 minutes ago, Hew said:

Warwolves are immune to immobs (entirely???) and speedwalk at warp 9 when stunned, or just in general. 😕

Yep, but just about everything in this game has something that pretty much ignores any given trick/status.  Warwolves don't turn into track and field stars they start that way 😜  I'm forgetting do Warwolves have any special resists or protection to knock effects.  Hard to run anywhere sitting on your tush if that works and don't recall any Warwolf AVs ... 

2 minutes ago, Doomguide2005 said:

I'm forgetting do Warwolves have any special resists or protection to knock effects.

No special resistance or protection to knock effects, and honestly the engine seems to get them stuck for longer than most models in my experience making them more vulnerable than they should be despite not having a specific weakness to it by the numbers. Whoever handled how PhysX behaved with them may have had a specific hatred of their behavior, maybe? 😆

• Thanks 1