Am I missing something about procs? (Reaction Time)

Zhym

I'm wondering if I'm confused about how procs work, at least in the Reaction Time power (this is on my DP/MC blaster).  When I slot either Numina +Regen/+Recovery or Regenerative Tissue +Recovery +Regen in it, I don't see their effect in the Combat Attributes window (except, oddly enough, just after adding the enhancement to the power). 

Is it taking effect but not showing up, or is there something about how Reaction Time works that isn't firing off the proc?

ETA: The effect seems to show up if I attack something, so now I'm really confused about what triggers it.

Thanks!

Edited by Zhym

I wanna say it doesn't work like a normal toggle given the special mechanics - I don't remember specifically but that'd explain why I don't have a unique in it in either of my /mc blasters when normally that'd be a prime muling candidate.

• Thumbs Up 2

They are both what are called (in the HCwiki) as proc 120's.  In a toggle they should both be active as long as the toggle is on and active.  They should be refreshing their effects every 10 seconds again as long as the toggle is active.  The 120 refers to the buff effect lasting 120 seconds, but it doesn't stack with itself which is why the refresh every 10 seconds doesn't further buff you.  This is also how they work in an auto power like Health.  In a click power it activates then lasts for 120 seconds (or if you click the power sooner it will refresh the 120 sec buff period but again not stack).  They always work, the chance to proc is 100%.

As for why it doesn't display in the CA window I don't know but if you toggle is on it should be buffing you.  It might be a display bug.

Although Reaction Time accepts healing sets, it provides an absorb buff, not a regen buff. Do those procs work in powers that don't heal?

BTW, the Regenerative Tissue proc is +regen, not +recovery. Were you looking in the right place in Combat Attributes?

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

1 hour ago, Uun said:

BTW, the Regenerative Tissue proc is +regen, not +recovery. Were you looking in the right place in Combat Attributes?

Yup—that's just an error in my post.  I've fixed it.

5 hours ago, Uun said:

Although Reaction Time accepts healing sets, it provides an absorb buff, not a regen buff. Do those procs work in powers that don't heal?

That's an interesting question.  I've placed Miracle in HA on an Empathy build and as far as I can recall it worked even when I was full health and endurance when I clicked HA but ...

Edit:  more I think about it they must.  Miracle +recovery works in HA last i knew (admittedly before the proc changes and on Live).  The power heals but provides no Absorb or end recovery and works even when at full health.  It has to work merely because it's a heal set in a power which accepts the enhancement set.  There doesn't need to be any connection other than that.

Edited by Doomguide2005

After further testing, whatever is going on seems to be tied to Stealth.  If I detoggle stealth, or do something that drops stealth, the proc slotted in Reaction Time fires.  When stealth goes active again, the bonus disappears after the 120 second timeout. 

Now, why would stealth affect whether Reaction Time procs fire?

2 minutes ago, Zhym said:

After further testing, whatever is going on seems to be tied to Stealth.  If I detoggle stealth, or do something that drops stealth, the proc slotted in Reaction Time fires.  When stealth goes active again, the bonus disappears after the 120 second timeout. 

Now, why would stealth affect whether Reaction Time procs fire?

If stealth is supressing Reaction Time (as a way to let you not aggro mobs with the Debuff aura while hidden) that could be doing it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Excelsior

ExAstris - Arachnos Widow

Pulp Noir - Illusion/Psy Assault

Perspective - Illusion/TA

Madame Elena - Rad/Bio (Scrapper)

18 minutes ago, Killerhawk said:

If stealth is supressing Reaction Time (as a way to let you not aggro mobs with the Debuff aura while hidden) that could be doing it.

That could be it.  Reaction Time's +recovery and +absorb are still in effect even while stealth is active, but maybe whatever Stealth is doing to keep Reaction Time's debuff aura from aggroing mobs is also suppressing its procs.

5 hours ago, Killerhawk said:

Interesting. The Unbounded Leap Stealth IO doesn't supress  Reaction Time. I have to remember to turn it off or I aggro everything.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

18 hours ago, Uun said:

Interesting. The Unbounded Leap Stealth IO doesn't supress  Reaction Time. I have to remember to turn it off or I aggro everything.

FWIW, I found this in the patch notes for Issue 27 page 1: "Reaction Time: If you are concealed (from Stealth or a similar power) this power will not impact foes unless you are in combat (it will no longer accidentally break stealth)."  Stopping damage procs in Reaction Time from firing would make sense as part of avoiding drawing aggro, but it looks like procs that only affect self may also have gotten caught up in that change.  And maybe that change was applied to powers that give stealth but not for +stealth from IOs?

Edited by Zhym

On 6/9/2021 at 11:10 AM, Uun said:

Ditto. Have this IO in Sprint and Reaction Time ignores it.

On 6/10/2021 at 5:31 AM, Zhym said:

FWIW, I found this in the patch notes for Issue 27 page 1: "Reaction Time: If you are concealed (from Stealth or a similar power) this power will not impact foes unless you are in combat (it will no longer accidentally break stealth)."  Stopping damage procs in Reaction Time from firing would make sense as part of avoiding drawing aggro, but it looks like procs that only affect self may also have gotten caught up in that change.  And maybe that change was applied to powers that give stealth but not for +stealth from IOs?

Or just the one got missed.  None of this should affect globals like RegenTissue or Numina's.  You should be seeing those +regen and +regen/+recovery bonuses just for having them slotted, I thought.  Been a while since I put them anywhere but an auto.

I will say that Preventative Medicine works just fine in Reaction Time; though I could not say if it was triggering with stealth up, or just with sprint active and stealth-cancelled because of combat.

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

11 hours ago, InvaderStych said:

Ditto. Have this IO in Sprint and Reaction Time ignores it.

I posted about this in the Bugs section and apparently only actual stealth powers cause reaction time to suppress, not stealth IOs.

• Thanks 1