'Speed Run' flag on team UI

Ston

Making this suggestion after experiencing, once again, a team where there were arguments about whether or not we were clearing through the map or stealthing to the objectives. 

What I suggest is the team leader be able to set a 'speed run' option that will be displayed to all the other players on the team UI. I was thinking it could be something like a little checkered flag in the top right corner of the team window.

This way, leaders can specify how the team will be running the content in a way that will be visible at all times to team members or future team members.

194504657_ScreenShot2021-06-14at7_53_56AM.png.27f9e0b4a6460b20e8f7f9e9f44a3085.png

Edited by Cirque
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ehh.  Better to just announce it. I think it'd be like the LFT flags. I almost never see anyone using them.

On the flip side, though, if speed run times were recorded (say, on the terminals, "best run of the month" or something,) it'd be reason to use it. Not sure if that'd be good overall or just cause drama, but... it's a thought.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

This could be really cool but I don't know if would really change anything. I've been in a few situations where I'm recruiting for a speedy TF to then be asked assertively in the middle of the run to slow down for something badge related. (Slow killing Neuron in TinPex for clone badge comes to mind).

I usually just adhere and compensate by voicing to the team to do the badge aspect since it's a team effort/game, but I can be slightly annoyed from it when it occurs occasionally since finishing as quickly as possible were my initial intentions.

Edited by Ratch_
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ZacKing said:

If they aren't already, team leaders should be advertising speed or non speed runs while forming.  that's generally my experience.  people shouldn't be getting caught by surprise by what kind of run it is.

A lot of people don't adhere to the advertised guidelines.  There's always someone who rushes forward every time i'm on a Yin TF even if the leader called for taking it slow.  Leaders also don't take it upon themselves to reign them in when they do.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

15 hours ago, ZorkNemesis said:

A lot of people don't adhere to the advertised guidelines.  There's always someone who rushes forward every time i'm on a Yin TF even if the leader called for taking it slow.  Leaders also don't take it upon themselves to reign them in when they do.

None of those issues are going to be solved by a speed flag in the UI.  Sounds like bad leadership to me.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Have to echo @Greycat on this one (including the bit about interest in a leaderboard on the terminals). It's not a bad idea, but it's one that I don't see a lot of people using, let alone paying attention to once they get on a team, and since people can and will ignore it even if it shows up, those concerns would need to be addressed through means which already exist: chat, the kick button, or the quit button.

• Thumbs Up 1