Modernization

Guest JackRooks

Guest JackRooks

Some thing I'd like to see, just to update the in-game enbironment to something that looks a little less 2004...

Smaller cellphones/texting for the cell phone emote.

Contact interactions screens that look like text  messages.

NPCs taking selfies and referencing social media.

Flat screen monitors and TVs

NPCs flash mobbing.

A contact like the Radio or TV, but instead is a computer using social media to send you on missions.

I know there are tons of things that people want, way more than the admins could give in a million years, but these are a few small things I'd love to see if anyone out there with the skills is thinking about vilunteering.

+1 for this...I know they updated a lot, but there are still a lot of old CRTs in the offices.

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

+1 for this...I know they updated a lot, but there are still a lot of old CRTs in the offices.

Yep. Even in the base builder. There's flatscreen resources separate from the desks, but all the desks that have computers already attached are still CRT. It messes with the flow and vibe of Takamoto Industries' head office, when a tech firm that should be light years ahead of the rest of the world is still using CRT monitors.

There are still a lot of old CRTs in real life.

As for social media stuff -- well, we do have smartphone emotes now, that was a recent addition before live shut down.

I like this change, but it doesn't seem strictly important to implement, so it's probably going to be a very low priority over, say, buffing blasters, or proliferating more villain powersets to hero ATs.

Yep. Even in the base builder. There's flatscreen resources separate from the desks, but all the desks that have computers already attached are still CRT. It messes with the flow and vibe of Takamoto Industries' head office, when a tech firm that should be light years ahead of the rest of the world is still using CRT monitors.
Blame the accountants. If it still works, why not use it until it breaks? :P

Blame the accountants. If it still works, why not use it until it breaks? :P

Also, it's a lot harder to steal those heavy CRTs.