Invulnerability colors

Captain Fabulous

Sooo...

When making a Brute the original Invulnerability colors are dark, a hold-over from when Brutes were villain-only. I get it. And because the game doesn't know you're going to be a hero or villain until after you create your character it doesn't know you'd rather have the default hero colors for Invulnerability. Got that too.

Short of the devs adding the option to use the default hero colors in the drop down box (unsure if even possible), the only option is custom colors. Which, while a nice option, can be very difficult to fully replicate the original colors.

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a resource that has figured out which colors to use in order to replicate the Invul powers closest to original.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, TheMoncrief said:

I'd like to know this too. I really liked the old rainbow aura for Invulnerability powers, but I significantly prefer Brutes over Tankers or Scrappers for the set on a play style basis.

I think I've gotten pretty close, but after a few minutes of going back and forth I get a bit bleary-eyed. I'd be happy to share what I came up with. I was just wondering if anyone else did a better job than I did.

Without going full rainbow.  (No offense to the Captain Fabulous icon your are rockin')  a very simple solution is to choose Bright Invulnerability with White/White.  This creates a Shiny Invulnerability set worthy of the noblest Paladin.  Blech.

12 hours ago, Snarky said:

Without going full rainbow.  (No offense to the Captain Fabulous icon your are rockin')  a very simple solution is to choose Bright Invulnerability with White/White.  This creates a Shiny Invulnerability set worthy of the noblest Paladin.  Blech.

Turns out that's really close to what I did. Temp Invulnerability looks best with white/white. Dull Pain I used 2 greens that I think comes really close to the original. Unyielding has a bit of a pinkish/purple color to it, so I used one of the palest purple colors as the primary and white as the secondary. Invincibility is an odd one. If you go with Bright the effect never fades no matter which colors you choose. In the tailor preview if you use original the first bit looks like the Tank version, and the second part has the dark theme. But if you actually leave it on original it looks just like the Tank version during actual gameplay. The dark blobs you see in the tailor preview aren't there at all. I don't use Unstoppable (can we please get rid of penalties on powers -- it's sooooo 2004!) so I didn't even bother to try and match it.

So yeah, turns out it was a lot easier to get it to match than I expected.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chi1701 said:

This doesnt just effect brutes wouldnt mind other classes or archytypes getting both light and dark colour pallates or god forbid, all colours and shades in 1 option rather than split into 2.

I know that electricity powers are different. Villain default is red while hero is bluish/purple. Other than that and Invulnerability, which other sets are colored differently?

2 minutes ago, Captain Fabulous said:

I know that electricity powers are different. Villain default is red while hero is bluish/purple. Other than that and Invulnerability, which other sets are colored differently?

Keldians, PB is light only whilst WS is dark only

2 minutes ago, chi1701 said:

Keldians, PB is light only whilst WS is dark only

I'm not quite sure you could do the reverse. Warshades are basically dark powers, and I don't think any of them have a Bright option.

Not that I'm against customization. It's just that it's something that would have to be created from scratch.

3 minutes ago, Captain Fabulous said:

I'm not quite sure you could do the reverse. Warshades are basically dark powers, and I don't think any of them have a Bright option.

Not that I'm against customization. It's just that it's something that would have to be created from scratch.

Get it, but im all for variety of colours regardless of saying "dark power" such as soul storm is based on dark powers but uses light colours etc, would be interesting to use dark armor or other abilities but instead of thinking darkness to reduce chance to hit, but brightness reduces hit, bit more roleplaying in powers and colours

Edited by chi1701