How About Server Nomads?

MetaVileTerror

I've been seeing all these threads for people reconnecting on one server or another, and I thought:  What about folkers like me?

I started on Victory and stayed there for a good long while.  Made some great allies in the LGBT community there, received a lot of Influence from Costume Contests, and felt really welcomed there.

Still, I ran out of character slots (goodness, remember the 8 character limit?  I do NOT miss that), so I went to Guardian next.  Got a Tanker to a pretty high level pretty fast there, since Ice/Ice was apparently in pretty high demand back then.  This was also around when Striga was released.

And then City of Villains came out, and I was on the Beta Server for the whole time.  Neglected the hell out of Live.  Met some people who convinced me to move to . . .

Pinnacle.  I spent the majority of my time there; specifically Red-Side.  So much great roleplay!  Some of the best experiences of my life up to that point, in fact.  Tried to make a few heroes there when I realized that I was spending so much time on the server, but none of them got above Level 12 or so.

I also dabbled on Virtue from time to time.  People kept saying it was "The RP Server," but I never found it as compelling or as enjoyable as Pinnacle Red-Side.  Not that Virtue was /bad/; just didn't compare.

I also had a few characters on Infinity, Protector, and one other whose name eludes me right now.

I avoided the hell out of Freedom . . .

• 1 year later
On 4/27/2019 at 12:44 PM, MetaVileTerror said:

I avoided the hell out of Freedom . . .

Yeah, Freedom was kind of "gutter trash". (If you liked playing on Freedom, then good for you)

I avoided it was well.

I did have heroes and villains on all the servers. (I have heros on all the servers now. only two villians)

I really have a good amount of distaste for Praetoria content - especially the lower level stuff. Simply not enjoyable to me.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

I played mostly on Protector for years.  Had a few alts on Justice and Pinnacle for when Protector was down or I just wanted to play by myself.  I started playing more Red side and didn't have slots to make new toons on Protector so I made some on Victory I believe.  Found a few friends who loved task forces and we made toons on all four servers so we always had something to play.

• Like 1