Placate fails to put Stalker back into Hidden status

altenate

Tested this multiple times on my level 50 Elec/Shield Stalker. Breaking hide then placating fails to put my Stalker back into Hide. When using Assassin's Strike in the placated state, it defaults to the quick animation.

Edited by altenate
Clarified statement

5 hours ago, KelvinKole said:

Any interaction with Against All Odds? I’m not sure if you have an aura actively affecting something that you’ll be able to get back into hide. I seem to recall that being a thing. 

This sounds likely since Placate only works against a single target. If there are more mobs around, you aren't considered Hidden against those and AAO may be affecting them, taking you out of "Hidden" for the Placated target. I can't think of any other power available that would explain this behavior.

exChampion and exInfinity player (Champion primarily).

Current resident of the Everlasting shard.

8 hours ago, KelvinKole said:

Any interaction with Against All Odds? I’m not sure if you have an aura actively affecting something that you’ll be able to get back into hide. I seem to recall that being a thing. 

3 hours ago, ForeverLaxx said:

This sounds likely since Placate only works against a single target. If there are more mobs around, you aren't considered Hidden against those and AAO may be affecting them, taking you out of "Hidden" for the Placated target. I can't think of any other power available that would explain this behavior.

Tried it without any toggles except for Hide and still don't go into Hidden directly after using Placate

3 hours ago, altenate said:

Tried it without any toggles except for Hide and still don't go into Hidden directly after using Placate

Are you not also getting hit at the moment you would have gone into Hide? That can happen sometimes.

exChampion and exInfinity player (Champion primarily).

Current resident of the Everlasting shard.

1 hour ago, ForeverLaxx said:

Are you not also getting hit at the moment you would have gone into Hide? That can happen sometimes.

Tried with a single target, no hits noted. Still not going into Hidden state.

55 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

And no procs that could be affecting other mobs?

Only proc that would activate is Hecatomb Chance for Neg Energy on AS with no toggles on outside of Hide. 

48 minutes ago, UberGuy said:

I don't spot any obvious issue with the power itself.

Can you clarify what you mean? I was under the assumption that using placate should put me in a Hidden state that should allow me to use AS in it's long animation not its quick animation. It does neither.

Here is a gif of me using AS on a level 54 Elite Boss, using placate, and then using AS as it cools down.

https://i.imgur.com/x5N3oCc.mp4

Edited by altenate

41 minutes ago, altenate said:

Can you clarify what you mean? I was under the assumption that using placate should put me in a Hidden state that should allow me to use AS in it's long animation not its quick animation. It does neither.

There doesn't seem to be anything amiss with the actual definition of the Placate power for Electric Melee. It's not missing anything that it should have set up in order to function properly. So whatever is going on, it's not that the power itself is misconfigured.

2 minutes ago, UberGuy said:

There doesn't seem to be anything amiss with the actual definition of the Placate power for Electric Melee. It's not missing anything that it should have set up in order to function properly. So whatever is going on, it's not that the power itself is misconfigured.

Ah thank you for the clarification

Here is another gif with my stalker, no toggles except Hide (6 slotted Reactive Defenses) plus 4 purple insp and True Grit (Auto with Preventive Medicine Absorb Proc, Aegis Psi/Status Res, Gladiator's Armor TP Res/Def, Impervium Armor Psi Res, Steadfast Protection Res/Def). The placate animation gets cancelled but you can see it appear on the hotbar.

https://i.imgur.com/HJPsxy2.mp4

@altenate, in the video, what is the "deaths head" icon I see in your status tray? Is that the countdown to the vigilante alignment power? Just trying to make sure that EB isn't affecting you with something that could cancel the placate.

I made an ElM/SD Stalker on Cryptic and couldn't seem to replicate this, but I didn't slot everything you mention above.

16 hours ago, altenate said:

Tried with a single target, no hits noted. Still not going into Hidden state.

Only proc that would activate is Hecatomb Chance for Neg Energy on AS with no toggles on outside of Hide. 

Here is a gif of me using AS on a level 54 Elite Boss, using placate, and then using AS as it cools down.

https://i.imgur.com/x5N3oCc.mp4

I thought it only affected the one mob as other mobs always seem to keep attacking.

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

COH bomp bomp: 

On 6/26/2021 at 11:21 AM, UberGuy said:

@altenate, in the video, what is the "deaths head" icon I see in your status tray? Is that the countdown to the vigilante alignment power? Just trying to make sure that EB isn't affecting you with something that could cancel the placate.

I made an ElM/SD Stalker on Cryptic and couldn't seem to replicate this, but I didn't slot everything you mention above.

You're correct, I recently switched alignment