Any Reason why Sorcery, Experimentation and Force of Will are locked out from each other

50 minutes ago, Hardship said:

I think that the "proof" is that they currently ARE exclusive. A character is not allow more than one. Since this game mechanic was introduced with the "origin" power pools, it hardly seem accidental.

Playing devil’s advocate here: they currently ARE exclusive because of the fun nazis and 9/11.

On 6/26/2021 at 12:50 PM, arcane said:

Because those are thematic origin related pools and you can only have one such origin theme thing. Be grateful you can even have a choice at all and aren’t locked in to the one actually corresponding to your origin.

My understanding of their original concept was the opposite of this - they were "meant" to add other origins to your existing one (with your existing origin being the source of your primary and secondary).

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I can see both sides of the fence here. Ultimately more freedom in this area = more interesting builds, so I think I am leaning that way. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Find me on Everlasting or Indom as:
Marbing (Psi/Rad Corruptor), Fortunata Moon (Fortunata Widow), Dynanight (Fire/DM Tank), Timesync (Elec/Time Corruptor), Static Sparrow (Elec/TA Controller), Cryo Punk (Ice/Cold Controller), Chamelea (SJ/Bio Stalker)Sword Fist (Claws/SR Scrapper), Mangusuu (DP/Nin Blaster), Blink Shot (Beam/Martial Blaster), Ratchet Dog (Beam/Traps Corruptor), Phonoalgia (Pain/Sonic Defender), Powered (FF/Energy Defender), Nullpunkt (Rad/Kin Corruptor), Black Fate (Fire/Therm Corruptor), Mirror Mage (Ill/Dark Controller),Gravoc (Gravity/Energy Dominator), Mind Pyre (Fire/Psi Dominator), Nettlethorn (Plant/Thorn Dominator), Boggle Blade (Psi/Invuln Stalker), Kelvin White (Ice/Regen Stalker), Dead Haze (Katana/DA Scrapper), Echo Boom (Sonic/EM Blaster), Ceyko (Archery/Time Blaster), Sleep Doctor (Mind/Poison Controller)Nachteule (DP/Dark Corruptor)Fulgrax (Axe/Elec Armor Scrapper)Void Knife (DB/Ice Stalker)Tryptophan Zombie (Mind/Kin Controller)Indo Manata (WP/Staff Tank), Masuku (Claws/WP Stalker)Blackbright (Rad/Energy Sentinel), Bedlam Bane (Sonic/Poison Corruptor), Helena Black (Necro/EA Mastermind), Boom Ranger (Sonic/TA Corruptor), Grave Sentinel (FF/Dark Defender), Dead-Life (DM/Regen Brute), Red Gloom (Dark/Pain Corruptor), Marble Marbina (Thugs/FF Mastermind)

16 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

Check it out, YOU are making the suggestion here. Provide proof for your changes, show any semblance of a thoughtful idea and maybe more people would support it. I'm not convinced there is even a suggestion here - maybe try a little harder?

LOL No..

Again suggestion forum..  
I made a clear suggestion.. Allow the ability to pick those 3 power pools instead of making the exclusive from each other.  

What part of that don't you understand ? 
What Proof do I need ?  That it doesn't create a game imbalance ?  Prove me it does ? 
There Millions of suggestions on these forums. I read a lot of them over time.  Barely have I heard Prove that your suggestion is of value..  I mean I have seen some crazy suggestions around having incarnates at earlier levels and such.

I have posted many suggestions over the years.. I never, ever had someone tell me prove the value and many were over endurance issues with masterminds.. 

The only person to this point as I have not read the other responses yet was American's Angel bring up some PVP valid points. But I need to look at other powers that might duplicate for example weakness resolve that is in one of the AT which would then somewhat nullify the ability of double powers as was mentioned FROM a PVP standpoint..  But I would also have to see from a PVP standpoint if using up 2 power pools like this would be effective in PVP or is it gimping you out.  

But again what is PVP here.. It is someone jumping by you will maxing out one massive hit and then maybe finishing you off with another big hit.. 
OR its a team calling out a target and then counting down to 1 from 3 and all hitting the same target at once on assist.. 

I will look into what America's Angel mentioned related to PVP..  To make it clear I am not skirting the comment about PVP.  

But regardless YOU didn't point out anything. YOU had not numbers or real answer until maybe America's Angel came in to give some value.. 

Mind you even with PVP you can clearly see they can have reduced effects and even immunity timers.. So there is nothing that doesn't say if you have A you cannot have B or B is locked for X period of time if you use A and vice versa.. 

As far as balance.. Players are Soloing TF on a 8/4 setting meant for 8 players.. That is not balance.. Please point me to your grip about that somewhere..

Balance ? AE farms ?  15 Comic Con missions to get to level 50 ? That is balance ?

I am currently working on doing ITF solo on a 8/1 , No Deaths setting on a petless/semi petless mastermind..  If I succeed.. Is that balanced ? 

Again at least I am bring up some evidence to my defense.. YOU have brought up ZERO.. NOTHING.. Just keep parroting Balance.. 

Maybe you should try harder ?   

• Thumbs Down 1

15 hours ago, Naraka said:

The powers shouldn't have to be more powerful to want to preemptively balance them among their peers.  People are always asking for improvements and QoL, so imagine people wanting some of the buff powers or some of the attack powers in pools to be buffed.  Well that can't happen if you can then pick up and slot any of the powers without limitations.

The interesting part is, you now have more power slots to pick powers with *because* they made the pools less restrictive and now look.  You were given an inch and now you want another inch.

But the reality is players have always been asking for the power pools to be cleaned up or to have the ability to take any Ancillary/Epic on any Arch Type.. 
Many have asked for Defense and/or Resistance Shield to be placed in all the Ancillary/Epic pools. 
Example.. I need  or I wanted a smash / lethal Defense shield so I have to pick up Scorpion Shield from Mace Mastery , but I really wanted Leviathan Mastery because I was making puking type character and bile spray fit in extremely well thematic wise.. 

But beyond this. America's Angel is the only person whom happens to have some info regarding what I am ask, albeit its related to PVP..

• Thumbs Down 1

15 hours ago, Hardship said:

I think that the "proof" is that they currently ARE exclusive. A character is not allow more than one. Since this game mechanic was introduced with the "origin" power pools, it hardly seem accidental.

You mentioned Origin.. Has nothing to do with Balance. 

Look I don't know for example where they got experimentation from. Was it embedded somewhere in the i25 updates some remnants they found in the code of i26.. Or was it created by the Dev team to be ORIGINAL from HOME COMING.. Something to make them stand out from the other F2P COH/COV servers.. 

But it is clear from your wording, you are not really sure as well. You are making an educated guess. But still it is a guess and you really are not sure.. Only the Devs can answers that clearly.  So Experimentation is Science.. Sorcery is Magic.. Force of Will is Natural.. Then we are missing Science and Technology..  

But I can pick Natural and still pick up Sorcery..  Wouldn't it make sense that your origin would dictate what you can only pick.. EG Black wand and Nemesis Staff. The taser dart or whatever other power those are ( forget off hand ) you would get at first level. 

But again they are not locked in by origin. 
But again if you read the last sentence on the Origin selection..  In General this choice will not have significant impact on your overall game experience.  Which clearly for all the years the game was live prior to going down, Origins did nothing for you.. 

Not that I expect the Devs to jump in here but it is clear no one has a clue on these 3 POWER POOLS as they are NOT labeled anything specific or special. 

• Thumbs Down 1

14 hours ago, arcane said:

Playing devil’s advocate here: they currently ARE exclusive because of the fun nazis and 9/11.

I will even accept this along with Nemesis Plot.. 

• Thumbs Down 1

• GM Kal locked this topic