Mind/ dom. Mass confusion buff?

Psilencer

1 hour ago, Mezmera said:

I forgot nothing.  This is the Dominator thread.  I mentioned everything pertaining to Dom's on HC at the moment.  I could mention the Wind Control/Psychokinetic Assault (whips) dom I have on Thunderspy but that doesn't pertain to here.  

Now If we are talking wanting to add more power sets I'll take Wind Control and anything else HC can come up with being implemented here for certain.  Mind Control though is fine as it is just about, and wasting time addressing this set would be time better used implementing new toys to play with.   

Wind Control, while not implemented, is in the code and HC wiki.  It was mentioned as it was being made at the demise of the game as an indication of what the direction the designers of the game were taking the game to. 

Interestingly though, the posts have gone from "Mind is special" {emphasis in original} to 'Mind Control is fine as it is just about".   

'Just about' isn't fine.  The limitation realizes that there are problems with the set.  I've given my thoughts on both a minimum fix and what I would like to see happen.  No argument has been presented as to how my suggested changes would be over powered, inappropriate or unwelcome. 

This thread comes up repeatedly, I'd rather ideas and solutions be fleshed out and discussed rather than the forum equivalent of posting a picture of a dog wearing a hat sitting in a chair telling you he is fine while the room is on fire.

Personally, I'd make implementing Wind Control a higher priority than fixing Mind Control, it would have been a higher priority to me than fixing overperforming Titan Weapons too, but the Devs do what they want to do and we appreciate them for what they do and making this game available to us.   

6 hours ago, laudwic said:

Wind Control, while not implemented, is in the code and HC wiki. 

Again, I know this, the powers are used by Knives of Vengeance in DA, they are nasty.  Implement those powers onto Doms sure great.  But lets not use powers for comparison that aren't currently accessible to the player base. 

Wind Control on npcs is a bit strong because they are being used by the AI, in real people's hands those powers will be deadlier than they currently are.  Which my Wind dom is stupid strong on Thunderspy, where they used the justification of Plant being as good as it is as the baseline for control to be tuned up.  

Which we keep coming back to, "Plant is this good why can't everything else be like Plant".  Maybe at least reduce something on Plant like Seeds of Confusion first then see where it stands.  Plant will be just fine with having one or two adjustments that it has never received.  

I agree these threads keep popping up for some reason.  You can keep your power creep on Plant Control and other AT's.  There's no need to tinker too much with Mind, it's a deadly power set in the right hands.  

Edit: 

By the way I added the caveat you think I mean for Mind to be buffed with 'Mind Control is fine as it is just about' for those of you clamoring for a change to Mind.  It's me being open minded enough to allow for some people to get a fresher feel to the set, not that in any way do I think Mind requires a buff.  You can find flaws in any power set if you're going to be objective enough to do so.  

Edited by Mezmera

It's possible I don't fully understand the intent of Wind Control and also that the values in the set were still being tweaked, but the publicly available version of it does include an AoE Confuse power with 120 Recharge, 15ft radius.10 targets max that also returns 10 endurance to you. Not quite a Seeds level power, but I'd take that over Mass Confusion.

This was going to be in a set that also has a 90 second recharge Stun in the Flashfire/Stalagmites vein, some sources of -ToHit, -Damage, -Defense, and a few other tricks.

5 hours ago, oedipus_tex said:

It's possible I don't fully understand the intent of Wind Control and also that the values in the set were still being tweaked, but the publicly available version of it does include an AoE Confuse power with 120 Recharge, 15ft radius.10 targets max that also returns 10 endurance to you. Not quite a Seeds level power, but I'd take that over Mass Confusion.

This was going to be in a set that also has a 90 second recharge Stun in the Flashfire/Stalagmites vein, some sources of -ToHit, -Damage, -Defense, and a few other tricks.

The Wind Control confuse with the stats you have listed is accurate as to what it does on Thunderspy.  It's Mass Confusion on steroids just like Seeds is, but in place of minor aoe damage you're getting your endurance refilled to power you into your next broken Wind ability.  

If Wind is going to be made accessible it cannot be ported over straight from how the Knives use it.  It's far too deadly left unchecked, kind of like how Plant is but a bit better.  

Edited by Mezmera

6 hours ago, JayboH said:

Doesn't Penelope Yin have a psionic pet?  maybe look at that

Yes.  Maybe we can get a Penelope Yin Mastery pool.  Or a Penelope Yin Control set, start fresh.  But then I'd like also for her outfit to be made available to wear so we can cosplay in true form.  

where does this obsession with confused foes causing you to lose out on a tiny amount of xp come from? my mind/fire is vet level 230 or so through casual gameplay, the xp received is plenty

to the people who are also fixated on seeds of confusion: make a plant dom?

mind is a great set and loved by many. in the 2 years i’ve had my dom mine it’s been through every ouro badge arc, tf, trial, MO run, speed run, solo AV fight etc i’ve rarely wanted the set to be any different

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Mezmera said:

Yes.  Maybe we can get a Penelope Yin Mastery pool.  Or a Penelope Yin Control set, start fresh.  But then I'd like also for her outfit to be made available to wear so we can cosplay in true form.  

That's not a bad idea. Villain APPs provide pets so a Yin APP presumably could as well.