Getting CoH textures into Daz3D/Poser software?

IIRC back when on live somebody made a forum post on how to import CoH costume textures into Daz3D/Poser software.
I can't find the original posts anymore. Anyone here know about a guide on how to do this?

@DustyLongshot ~ Everlasting ~ usually online daily between 18:00 and 20:00 UTC
Signature Characters: Dusty Longshot | Star Jewel | Emberflair | Mystfury | Miss Unity | 
Novaspark

Other characters - Starlight Sentinels on Fandom

• 1 month later

Thanks Oubliette_Red. :classic_smile:

It does contain some info on extracting the textures from CoH data files. So that helps.

It doesn't say anything about importing them into Poser/Daz3D.

@DustyLongshot ~ Everlasting ~ usually online daily between 18:00 and 20:00 UTC
Signature Characters: Dusty Longshot | Star Jewel | Emberflair | Mystfury | Miss Unity | 
Novaspark

Other characters - Starlight Sentinels on Fandom

• 2 weeks later

Yeah, that's going into modifying the textures in COH's own file format (that .dds, multipart thing) - and as noted you can't increase the resolution, which honestly would probably make them look *horrible* thrown on something in Poser or Daz3d. (I mess around with Daz a little. I usually just try making do and repurposing things. I *should* sit down and (re)learn how to do more 3d modeling, deal with textures, etc, but ... ugh. Need to clone myself.)

If you look in your own Daz3d library (and I'm assuming Poser as well, given how much is, or was, shared with them,) you'd find textures under your Runtime library. Looking at them - or loading up a model and looking under its own surfaces/colors - you'll see sometimes just a color, sometimes a pattern (say, a painted scene on a wall,) possibly with a related glossiness map, bump map (often looks like a greyscale version of the scene) and a few other things.

What I'd search for are tutorials on texturing in Daz3D. Read those, and the info from the other linked post will probably make sense - they touch on the same things, but the format's different. One quick example (looks like it's a few years old, but you can kind of compare and see how the two line up... https://turbofuture.com/graphic-design-video/How-to-Make-Custom-MATs-for-DAZ-Studio )

(I should do this myself, really. There are a lot of things I'd like to have new textures and patterns for in Daz. But... time, energy, alll that.)

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.