I accidently maxed out and saved the UI scale...

Echo Night

Is there a way to reset this in game or out? I tried to do it at the log in screen with the settings but it did not work. There really isn't an option for it but I unclicked then clicked the automatic resize option and that did nothing. This screwup only applies to one character.

I would log in a different character and save settings then go back to that character and load them.  

There is a file you could delete but i would have to look around to find out where it is again.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Echo Night said:

Is there a way to reset this in game or out? I tried to do it at the log in screen with the settings but it did not work. There really isn't an option for it but I unclicked then clicked the automatic resize option and that did nothing. This screwup only applies to one character.

Edit: Oops! When I read the title and respond before reading the message 😅

Edited by Glacier Peak

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

7 hours ago, TheZag said:

I would log in a different character and save settings then go back to that character and load them. 

This.

Even for players that don't muck around with the UI much, I recommend loading your most-optimized alt and running these four commands:

/chatsave

/wdwsave

/optionsave

/bindsave

(Repeat the process from time to time as you re-tweak and optimize.)

You can then load your optimized settings on any other alt (and do things like recover the above screwup... and we've all done it!) with:

/chatload

/wdwload

/optionload

/bindload

If you tweak keys for your alts, you might want to skip the last one, but in that case I recommend you save each alt's keybind settings individually:

/bindsavefile MYALTNAME-binds.txt

...which will let you reload your binds if you screw them up, and also transfer them to any compatible alt with ease.

Or you can go whole hog and run individual saves of all these settings for each alt, so that things like different window settings, different chat channel lists, different window colors etc. are preserved. It's a little bit of work when you roll up each new alt, but it brings a lot of convenience and un-uckfupping ability.

(Lots on this in the Guide, BTW.)

Edited by Shenanigunner
  • Like 3

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

7 hours ago, GraspingVileTerror said:

As TheZag suggests, the command will either be:

/wdwsave

or

/optionsave

on a good character, then

/wdwload

or

/optionload

on the screwy character.

That should hopefully do the trick.

/wdwload did the trick. Thanks 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Echo Night said:

/wdwload did the trick. Thanks 🙂

Only further comment: I am not sure if the game creates a window file unless it's told to (with /wdwsave)... so don't nobody go 'way with the idea that this will work from the same alt unless you've saved the info. If you have, you shouldn't need to even switch alts to pull off the fix.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com