Impossible Paladin event

Zed

Hey there.

Follow up on the ticket i made about this so everyone know.
The time frame to get the Paladin construction event is extremely short, and is stable on every occurence.
As far as i know i noticed it the first time about 2 weeks ago. Maybe it has been there for longer, i don't monitor zone events all the time.

[05:44] [PPD] Unusual Clockwork activity in Kings Row.
[05:49] [PPD] Clockwork Paladin spotted in Kings Row.

5 minutes, watch in hand, to try and prevent the Paladin from being built. You better be quick on the draw 😛

For once i was able to attend it: maybe i was unlucky but what's (not) there is strange to say the least.

• I couldn't find any Psychic Brass conduit, or whatever they're called. No electrical beam from these either.
  • The Shining Stars were missing at their usual spot.
  • Only few event related mobs i could find were a few Cogs around [-254.5 -0.5 -1733.5] (close to the #1 plaque with vidiotmaps, SSE from event marker)
  • After a few i saw the Paladin run in front of me almost at the same spot ( [-190.0 -0.0 -1227.4] ) running north on the street.
  • As i'm writing this (06:03 local time) a few event-level Cogs are trying to murder me. So cute.

So it seems even if you rush in you just can't get Knight Errant badge right now.

Any extra info/tip appreciated. Thank you 🙂

• Thumbs Up 1

So, if you missed the patch a little while ago, I think it was the most recent major update, the Paladin event was reverted back to the original event on live, which involves the Paladin being built at one of three locations in the zone (NE corner, SE from train, and SW behind police station).  The old event does not include the conduits, the Paladin trashing the city, or the Shining Stars.  The Paladin was slated to be changed in issue 24 but then the shutdown happened and the event wasn't fully finished, resulting in buggy behavior that prevents the event from restarting without shutting the whole zone down (the old workaround involved having Kings Row set to a low player cap to trigger multiple instances and even that didn't always work).  So that players could get the Knight Errant badge without waiting for server resets, they changed it to the old system where a construction site pops up and you have to constantly damage the build before it can get to full health, while being attacked by hordes of level-less Clockwork.  If the build completes, the monster spawns which does *not* award the badge, but still gives the usual 6 merits.  Preventing the build does not award merits.  Unattended Paladins tend to make their way toward High Park where they hang out, though there are reports that sometimes they path right by the Architect and get droned.

As of now, fixing the new version of thr event seems to be a low priority so it will likely remain this way for a while.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

Oh ok... wasn't aware of a rollback of any kind so i could have looked for a good while lol
But still... you count at least a minute to zone in, 2 more to find the construction site - if you come down as a tourist not knowing by head the spots... that's my case - ?
That's very short and definitely not enough if you want to go on a recruitment spree to fight it.

I'll give it a shot someday if i'm lucky enough, see how it goes.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Zed said:

Oh ok... wasn't aware of a rollback of any kind so i could have looked for a good while lol
But still... you count at least a minute to zone in, 2 more to find the construction site - if you come down as a tourist not knowing by head the spots... that's my case - ?
That's very short and definitely not enough if you want to go on a recruitment spree to fight it.

I'll give it a shot someday if i'm lucky enough, see how it goes.

There's VidiotMap updates in the Tools section of the forums which includes the three spawn locations.  As soon as I see the alert message, I stop doing whatever I'm doing if I'm solo, head to KR, fly to the three spawn locations until I get to the right one, and start attacking the Paladin construction, which slows down the timer.  It's only five minutes between start of construction and spawn if no one intervenes.  If you start attacking the Paladin construction, that will give you enough time to recruit for it in the meanwhile.

• Thumbs Up 2

But as far as getting the badge is concerned, ive found it much more difficult to get it now compared to the previous event.  Ive seen the message several times but only 3 times was i not doing something else and only 1 time did i actually make it before construction finished.  I used to make a GM team every week and include the paladin if the league grew large enough but i havent for the past 2 months i think (need to get back on that).

Im curious if there is data for how often the badge was getting earned before and after the event was reverted.  But overall im not too concerned about the current event since they said its temporary while they rework it.