[PS4] No man's sky

WanderingAries

I hadn't touched this since like year one, So getting back into the game has been a bit interesting. I'm running into a lot of different things that are obviously new and yet I'm still having trouble with basic stuff like trying to use the stupid map. Is does anybody have any good guides for how to use things? And there's other things I'd like to know. For example, if I leave a ship Laden with raw material somewhere even if it's in another Solar System, then if I come back to it will it still have that where I left it?

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

This is gonna sound silly, but try running through the tutorial again on a new character. The game REALLY kicks you in to 'figure it out on your own' mode once you leave your first planet. I remember being in a similar boat as you, and I ended up just staying on the same planet farming resources until I stopped playing 😆 

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

18 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

This is gonna sound silly, but try running through the tutorial again on a new character. The game REALLY kicks you in to 'figure it out on your own' mode once you leave your first planet. I remember being in a similar boat as you, and I ended up just staying on the same planet farming resources until I stopped playing 😆 

I think I've figured it out mostly/sorta, but it's irritating to the extreme. I'm slowly setting myself up for resource building beyond a few ships and myself. I wish it was easier to just MAKE slots on things though. I have a freighter now too, so I need to build up some funds. Also, I don't yet have access to things that expand freighter functionality yet either being so new. I'd Really like something that helps me chart out what to stock, sell, etc if anything else. Or maybe something that helps build funds quickly.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

1 hour ago, Krimson said:

So long as it is your ship, you can summon it or once you get a freighter you can find it parked there. I'm on PC but if you need anything send me a PM. I have bases in at least five Galaxies in case you feel like exploring. 

Maybe I just need the freighter version of that part I have for the ship, but even when calling the freighter to my planet, I have to fly up for the resources. Maybe it'll let me get a portal eventually?

3 hours ago, Krimson said:

Honestly the best way to learn the game is to play it. Also, look up the NMS Discord. Lots of players who can help you out there, including PS4 and PS5 players. I can probably help out with things like resources. I have vaults full of stuff.

Eh, I'll muddle through the resources until I can atleast have a good grasp of managing the ships and storage. I mostly jumped back into the game because I was looking for something to get me out of a funk and none of my 100 other games sparked the interest. Hell, I did a playthrough of Detroit: Become Human last week and I hadn't touched it since launch really either.

I have a functional base  Now that allows me to have some extra storage in bulk as well as a portal. I still have quite a ways to go to build even that you'd even that, however overall overall doing pretty good.

8 hours ago, Krimson said:

If I join your game, I can build on your base and when I leave, everything I build becomes yours. So there's an option for you. I've done things like making power stations, adding exocraft bays usually complete with garage. Though I have built entire bases for other players. 

I think I've disabled all the MP features actually and life is throwing something my way now that this would give a wonderful distraction from, but thanks for the offer. The game surely has changed a bit since release as there are NPCs and such, but aside from a few quirks like the map, it's a good casual experience.