Thorn Tree Power Vs. Aeon Should Last Longer

Dacy

• Community Rep

Hi. I play with a friend who likes to break up TFs into shorter runs. My friend gets headaches and gets tired, usually done for the day or at least for a while at about 3 missions. So, when we do TFs, we break them up, and since we have several teams, it can be days or even weeks before we're back to that team. So. We have a team we were doing MLTF with. Got the tree power, the next mission is rather intense, so we took a break. The tree power was not there when we  reconvened days later.

Okay, so, we thought, we'll do it a few hours apart, the mission where we get the power in the afternoon, and the get Aeon mission in the evening. And we used to do it like this all the time, before this. I'm not sure what happened in the coding and updates, but now, the tree power is gone if you don't use it even if it's only a few hours later. Seems to me that it should last longer than that. I mean, we're not official and all, but that's an accessibility issue, and that would be an issue if we WERE official, so I thought I'd bring it up. Some people just physically aren't able to do all of a run of intense missions all at once, and the game should allow for that.

So, does anyone know how long the power is supposed to last? Because, as I said, I know for a fact that it used to last longer (even weeks), because this is how we've done these TFs since Live. I'd swear we've done this particular one like that since Rebirth, but I don't have hard proof of that, other than I know we've done it. Just seems to me that the power should last longer than 6 hours, and it also seems to me that this is very recent to where it doesn't last.

33 minutes ago, Dacy said:

Snip

Edit: Oops, meant to add I'm in favor of making this temp power last as long as the player is still on the MLTF.

What I've found says five hours from the moment the power is granted:

20210819_220725.thumb.jpg.878326edea438c900231d60f40140668.jpg

City of Data has more info on the Power of the Thorn temporary power. 

Edited by Glacier Peak

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

• Community Rep

Doh. Right in the description. RTFM, yeah, okay. Thanks!

But I agree, it really should last as long as you are still active in the MLTF, I know it used to.

-Dacy

• 3 weeks later
On 8/19/2021 at 11:39 PM, Dacy said:

Hi. I play with a friend who likes to break up TFs into shorter runs. My friend gets headaches and gets tired, usually done for the day or at least for a while at about 3 missions. So, when we do TFs, we break them up, and since we have several teams, it can be days or even weeks before we're back to that team. So. We have a team we were doing MLTF with. Got the tree power, the next mission is rather intense, so we took a break. The tree power was not there when we  reconvened days later.

Okay, so, we thought, we'll do it a few hours apart, the mission where we get the power in the afternoon, and the get Aeon mission in the evening. And we used to do it like this all the time, before this. I'm not sure what happened in the coding and updates, but now, the tree power is gone if you don't use it even if it's only a few hours later. Seems to me that it should last longer than that. I mean, we're not official and all, but that's an accessibility issue, and that would be an issue if we WERE official, so I thought I'd bring it up. Some people just physically aren't able to do all of a run of intense missions all at once, and the game should allow for that.

So, does anyone know how long the power is supposed to last? Because, as I said, I know for a fact that it used to last longer (even weeks), because this is how we've done these TFs since Live. I'd swear we've done this particular one like that since Rebirth, but I don't have hard proof of that, other than I know we've done it. Just seems to me that the power should last longer than 6 hours, and it also seems to me that this is very recent to where it doesn't last.

I commend you for being a good friend and understanding.

That person better roll up any carpet you ask and not ask any questions. Just Saying.. 

• Community Rep
15 hours ago, plainguy said:

I commend you for being a good friend and understanding.

That person better roll up any carpet you ask and not ask any questions. Just Saying.. 

🙂 A good friend is worth something as minor as this, to me. I have lots of other characters I can play in different ways.