Old style of Masks With Hair please return?

LeBlanc

Is there ANY way we can go back to the way back when version of Masks with Hair? It has been gone for a very long time (I think even before Homecoming actually) but without it, it looks like your peeps are wearing crappy Joker after a long fight makeup, not a fabric mask. See these attachments. It's like night and day!! 

Like this...

facemask1.png

Not this...

masks with hair.png

Edited by LeBlanc
  • Thumbs Up 2

Are you on Ultra graphics settings?  Maybe try turning it off temporarily to see if that translucency effect goes away.  I doubt they intentionally added translucency to the masks.  It might be a result of the shaders that got added with Ultra and why you remember it looking different/better way back when.

Just a guess.

I think the transparency effect isn't on the masks, but linked to the way the game shows the color white - specifically when it's on a pattern applied to a skintone.

image.png.479fa6d2b286896e7b690060b458c46d.png

There's a clear difference between the shading of white on a Tights options vs the Mask Pattern applied to the skin. However...

image.png.68a8d51cf4a06bcdd10f45c16b3b1b48.png

When swapped to a Chest Option that uses the skintone (Bare Chest) and a white pattern, it flows smoothly (and transparently) together.

It doesn't seem to matter what the skintone choice is, either - that transparency/bleed-through effect remains the same regardless of what skintone option is chosen. As far as the mask/pattern goes, using any other color seems to severely lessen the effect to the point that you can barely notice it.

image.png.68def7cd11a2888ddee17e066c84fd01.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Global is @El D, Everlasting Player, Recovering Altaholic.