Need help with Fire/Spine Farm Build please

B0YCE

Check the Guide section of the forums, then find the Farm Fresh thread. It's where all things farming and absolutely min maxed builds for the effect are discussed.

But I'd go through the Market section and read a bit there since the money those guys make could make a farmer cry in envy.... and then you can still farm on top of it.

• Like 1

Offering bribes isn't necessary. Check the thread I mentioned, compare your build to the agreed-as-optimal, slot accordingly.

Your goals are going to be 45% defense against fire and 90% resistance against fire.

• Thumbs Up 1

The truth is - opinions can, and do vary. For good reasons. Some folks have preferences, and the difference between my optimal and someone else's optimal could be 5 seconds clear time difference, or it could be 5 hours. (I afk-farm. If my brute finished faster than an active farmer, I think the active farmer is smoking some pretty bad stuff.) 

Why use dropbox when you can just post the build directly? Anyways - I looked at it. I suppose I need to know one thing. Is this for an afk build? Do you anticipate doing anything else with this character? 

ApacheFog - Brute (Spines).mxdYour fire defense is high enough for +4/8, (well, it should be higher. I would sooner use the Unrelenting Fury set than mocking beratement, it will give you more recharge than that taunt set.) Your fire resistance is capped. Just park the darn thing with burn on auto and go play the game on another account. Craft/convert/sell/reset/repeat.  If you find yourself dying, it may be that you need to get the accolades to boost your hp a bit. Seems to make a difference to me on farm brutes I've got that don't have melee hybrid for the regen boost - but that could just be perception bias. 

I wouldn't take that feeble thing outside the farm though. I hope you get it power-leveled, because playing that thing up to 50 is gonna be super painful. You'll be sorely reliant on consume and ageless. 

Below is my all-purpose afk farm build. At +4/8, the only scary groups are Banished Pantheons (Ageless doesn't give enough DDR protection), Arachnos, and Malta (cuz, well, sappers) It can clear the 125 map in 2 minutes or so, using a lot of reds. Less than 4 minutes not using any. I am pretty pleased with it. Is it going to out dps a legit true farm brute? No. Not a good one, anyway. But for afk-farming, it's quite fantastic. And it helps me with the first two missions of Moonfire, it easily unlocked Schweinzer in Port Oakes for invader runs. It can solo all the TFC task forces on blue side.  To be fair, any character in game can solo the tfc task forces, tho. But, it makes it sound really good, tho, right? 

• Thanks 1

On 9/3/2021 at 6:06 AM, Ukase said:

The truth is - opinions can, and do vary. For good reasons. Some folks have preferences, and the difference between my optimal and someone else's optimal could be 5 seconds clear time difference, or it could be 5 hours. (I afk-farm. If my brute finished faster than an active farmer, I think the active farmer is smoking some pretty bad stuff.) 

Why use dropbox when you can just post the build directly? Anyways - I looked at it. I suppose I need to know one thing. Is this for an afk build? Do you anticipate doing anything else with this character? 

ApacheFog - Brute (Spines).mxdYour fire defense is high enough for +4/8, (well, it should be higher. I would sooner use the Unrelenting Fury set than mocking beratement, it will give you more recharge than that taunt set.) Your fire resistance is capped. Just park the darn thing with burn on auto and go play the game on another account. Craft/convert/sell/reset/repeat.  If you find yourself dying, it may be that you need to get the accolades to boost your hp a bit. Seems to make a difference to me on farm brutes I've got that don't have melee hybrid for the regen boost - but that could just be perception bias. 

I wouldn't take that feeble thing outside the farm though. I hope you get it power-leveled, because playing that thing up to 50 is gonna be super painful. You'll be sorely reliant on consume and ageless. 

Below is my all-purpose afk farm build. At +4/8, the only scary groups are Banished Pantheons (Ageless doesn't give enough DDR protection), Arachnos, and Malta (cuz, well, sappers) It can clear the 125 map in 2 minutes or so, using a lot of reds. Less than 4 minutes not using any. I am pretty pleased with it. Is it going to out dps a legit true farm brute? No. Not a good one, anyway. But for afk-farming, it's quite fantastic. And it helps me with the first two missions of Moonfire, it easily unlocked Schweinzer in Port Oakes for invader runs. It can solo all the TFC task forces on blue side.  To be fair, any character in game can solo the tfc task forces, tho. But, it makes it sound really good, tho, right? 

I found a build in some other fire farming thread and iterated on it and pushed it to it's limits for just autocasting burn. The ApacheFog achieves ~27.98dps, whereas mine clocks in at ~39.25dps. Both of these calculations are made without Hasten.

It is not versatile at all and it's end use is pretty tight, but it gets the job done. I don't think it can be improved upon, but I would love to be proven wrong (because hey, then there is a better build for all of us to use)!

AFK_SpineFireBrute.mxd

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/3/2021 at 12:22 PM, Outrider_01 said:

Could literally just scroll down to the other 3 threads for spines/fire in 5 seconds

see the point is, im trying to get critiques on my current enhancements. so your rude comment is unneeded. if i looked at another build and copied it it would have to respec. hope ya have a better day tho bud. lol

On 9/3/2021 at 5:06 AM, Ukase said:

hey, thanks for the help man! i appreciate it for sure

2 hours ago, Tellos said:

I found a build in some other fire farming thread and iterated on it and pushed it to it's limits for just autocasting burn. The ApacheFog achieves ~27.98dps, whereas mine clocks in at ~39.25dps. Both of these calculations are made without Hasten.

It is not versatile at all and it's end use is pretty tight, but it gets the job done. I don't think it can be improved upon, but I would love to be proven wrong (because hey, then there is a better build for all of us to use)!

AFK_SpineFireBrute.mxd 5.15 kB · 0 downloads

thanks for the upload man, ill check it out for sure

1 hour ago, Ukase said:

If you're afk, why care about dps? I mean, beyond a certain point. Obviously, if it's too low, they kill you before you kill them. If they hit you, that is. 

i not afk though, im trying to focus on getting the runs done as fast as possible 

21 hours ago, Ukase said:

If you're afk, why care about dps? I mean, beyond a certain point. Obviously, if it's too low, they kill you before you kill them. If they hit you, that is. 

It would lead to faster turn arounds. I would probably be not actually away from my desktop whenever I do my AFK runs, just tabbed out. So I would probably time how long it takes a few times, then set timers whenever I do it. So I can recycle the map and go back to working on other stuff. Alternatively, I am building this on my Alt Account. So I could make it a Follow Farmer.

21 hours ago, B0YCE said:

see the point is, im trying to get critiques on my current enhancements. so your rude comment is unneeded. if i looked at another build and copied it it would have to respec. hope ya have a better day tho bud. lol

Sure thing buddy, you asked for it

•  Lunge and Boxing.  One does more damage, both are poorly slotted.  Swap it, lunge can be used when killing bosses. 
  • Health and stamina are over slotted, clearing a map is about speed not sustaining endurance.
    • Pancreas +HP/End all you need
    • Performance +End is all you need. 7.5% speed modify happens to be a whopping 1.03 MPH in swift.
    • Your resist toggles don't need the regular Agesis +Resist, Res/End, End/Rech, Red/End/Rech.  You are capped out with just the toggles, passive, and the massive amount of +6% resist in purpes and winter sets.
    • Brute Unrelenting Fury : Adds +regen/end if you wanted, I generally avoid it
    • Ageless Core Epiphany has all of the above covered
  • Healing Flames - Preventive Medicine is a waste of 6 slots, Absorb being useless.  Pancreas 5 slotted is enough and you will hardly be using the heal anyway.
  • You are short .43% fire defense.  If you want to AFK sometimes, it actually makes a difference if RNGesus doesn't hate you and a series of heavy hits puts you down when there is a cascading fail in tohit checks against you.  Doesn't happen a lot, but annoying to come back to a face plant on a full briggs map
  • SS is a waste of a power pick, Sprint and P2W sprint of your choice is all you need
Spoiler

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.6.0
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Brute
Primary Power Set: Spines
Secondary Power Set: Fiery Aura
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Leaping
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Lunge -- Hct-Dmg/Rchg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Hct-Acc/Rchg(45), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(46), Hct-Dam%(46)
Level 1: Fire Shield -- Ags-ResDam/Rchg(A), Ags-EndRdx/Rchg(3), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(3)
Level 2: Blazing Aura -- SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17), SprBrtFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprBrtFur-Rech/Fury%(34)
Level 4: Healing Flames -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(5), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(5), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(7), Pnc-Heal(7)
Level 6: Spine Burst -- Arm-Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), Arm-Acc/Rchg(13), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(15), Arm-Dam%(15)
Level 8: Build Up -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(9), GssSynFr--Build%(9)
Level 10: Temperature Protection -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(11)
Level 12: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(13)
Level 14: Boxing -- AbsAmz-Stun(A), AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg(25), AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(34), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(36), AbsAmz-EndRdx/Stun(46)
Level 16: Plasma Shield -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-EndRdx/Rchg(36), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(36)
Level 18: Quills -- ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg(A), ScrDrv-Dmg/EndRdx(19), ScrDrv-Acc/Rchg(19), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(21), ScrDrv-Dam%(21)
Level 20: Consume -- MckBrt-Taunt(A), MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg(27), MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg/Rng(27), MckBrt-Acc/Rchg(31), MckBrt-Taunt/Rng(33), MckBrt-Rchg(33)
Level 22: Tough -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-EndRdx/Rchg(23), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(23)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(25)
Level 26: Ripper -- SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(37), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(43), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(45)
Level 28: Burn -- ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg(A), ScrDrv-Dmg/EndRdx(29), ScrDrv-Dmg/Rchg(29), ScrDrv-Acc/Rchg(31), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(31), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(33)
Level 30: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(37)
Level 32: Throw Spines -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(48), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(48), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(50), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(50)
Level 35: Fiery Embrace -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(48)
Level 38: Electrifying Fences -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(39), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(39), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), PstBls-Dam%(40), Ann-ResDeb%(40)
Level 41: Ball Lightning -- Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(A), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(42), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(42), Rgn-Knock%(43), Ann-ResDeb%(43)
Level 44: Assault -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 47: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 49: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Fury 
Level 1: Sprint -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Stamina -- PreOptmz-EndMod/End/Rech(A)
Level 50: Musculature Total Core Revamp 
Level 50: Ion Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Degenerative Core Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment 
------------

Clocks in 1.75% recharge faster, but once you pop Ageless its perma hasten.  Ball Lighting and Electrifying Fences both have a -resist proc, little extra utility by avoiding Superior Frozen Blast (Thats in Throw Spines). Picked up both Ripper and throw spines, there damage isn't too bad if not for the animation itself and the animation time on ripper. 

Alternatively you could remove the  the slots in Brawl to be 8.75% recharge slower, Ageless will Perma it anyway.

Spoiler

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.6.0
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Brute
Primary Power Set: Spines
Secondary Power Set: Fiery Aura
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Leaping
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Lunge -- Hct-Dmg/Rchg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Hct-Acc/Rchg(45), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(46), Hct-Dam%(46)
Level 1: Fire Shield -- Ags-ResDam/Rchg(A), Ags-EndRdx/Rchg(3), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(3)
Level 2: Blazing Aura -- SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17), SprBrtFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprBrtFur-Rech/Fury%(34)
Level 4: Healing Flames -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(5), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(5), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(7), Pnc-Heal(7)
Level 6: Spine Burst -- Arm-Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), Arm-Acc/Rchg(13), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(15), Arm-Dam%(15)
Level 8: Build Up -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(9), GssSynFr--Build%(9)
Level 10: Temperature Protection -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(11)
Level 12: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(13)
Level 14: Boxing -- AbsAmz-Stun(A)
Level 16: Plasma Shield -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-EndRdx/Rchg(36), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(36)
Level 18: Quills -- ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg(A), ScrDrv-Dmg/EndRdx(19), ScrDrv-Acc/Rchg(19), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(21), ScrDrv-Dam%(21)
Level 20: Consume -- MckBrt-Taunt(A), MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg(27), MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg/Rng(27), MckBrt-Acc/Rchg(31), MckBrt-Taunt/Rng(33), MckBrt-Rchg(33)
Level 22: Tough -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-EndRdx/Rchg(23), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(23)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(25)
Level 26: Ripper -- SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(37), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(43), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(45)
Level 28: Burn -- ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg(A), ScrDrv-Dmg/EndRdx(29), ScrDrv-Dmg/Rchg(29), ScrDrv-Acc/Rchg(31), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(31), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(33)
Level 30: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(37)
Level 32: Throw Spines -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(48), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(48), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(50), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(50)
Level 35: Fiery Embrace -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(48)
Level 38: Electrifying Fences -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(39), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(39), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), PstBls-Dam%(40), Ann-ResDeb%(40)
Level 41: Ball Lightning -- Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(A), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(42), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(42), Rgn-Knock%(43), Ann-ResDeb%(43)
Level 44: Assault -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 47: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 49: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A), Empty(25), Empty(34), Empty(36), Empty(46)
Level 1: Fury 
Level 1: Sprint -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Stamina -- PreOptmz-EndMod/End/Rech(A)
Level 50: Musculature Total Core Revamp 
Level 50: Ion Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Degenerative Core Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment 
------------

Slot the 4 in Brawl as you wish, honestly damage procs in Quills and Blazing Aura are minisule at 4.5 damage more.  Use Health procs if you wish, I hate spines because its so endurance hungry.  Actually, swapping the Winters in Ripper to Quills or Blazing Aura would solve that.

Both builds are +5 boosted, but its only needed on Maneuvers, Weave, Hasten.  Can do CJ, it only boosts the defense portion.  The KD procs in Ripper and Ball Lighting isn't really needed, but Winters/Purples are over loaded in +DMG anyway so its a good way to keep stuff in Burn for an extra few seconds.

Ball Lighting Gets Ragnorok, it actually cuts a few seconds off compared to the Positrons Blast.  Electrifying Fences doesn't change much for either set, so the purple really benefits Ball Lighting More.

• Thanks 1

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer