Hall of Honor

TheZag

So I meant to make this suggestion some time ago and include a mock up with a supergroup base.  But it turns out im horrible at making bases so the text version will hopefully be sufficient.

After Echo Plaza was introduced I saw all that space and felt it was perfect to have a Hall of Honor  /  Hall of Remembrance.  Built in the style of Echo Plaza,  and having pedestals for fallen members of the community.

When I first discovered that City of heroes was back and got an account set up was just a few days before we lost GM Cyclone / Robotech Master.  I saw in chat that there was a memorial in Ouroboros but at the time I didnt know what that was.  I did manage to make it to Ouro before the memorial ended and held a torch for GM Cyclone.  I didnt realize having hasten on auto was dropping my torch and ended up re using the emote about 15 times.

Having a permanent version of this memorial with a character model and plaque for fallen team members with a portion of the hall for temporary memorials I feel would be a fitting way to honor their memory.

I intended to have this suggestion made in time for hopeful implementation by the 1 year anniversary of the loss of GM Cyclone.  I dropped the ball on that one but I did manage to make a SG base that was a large grass field.

I hope we can see this implemented and again my apologies for not being able to build something and take a few screenshots.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

As someone who lost a close friend and roommate about a year after we started playing in 2005 I think this is awesome idea.  It was also one those times where the strength of this community was exemplified by the unknown hero who I happened to be playing with when I got the news.  While I've no idea who they were or even remember their character I will always remember the caring and kindness they exhibited staying on line and in mission with me for what seemed like hours as I dealt with the news offering support to a total stranger.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 hours ago, TheZag said:

Built in the style of Echo Plaza,  and having pedestals for fallen members of the community.

My suggestion would be for DEVs and GMs to have permanent statues and to have a wall of Global names for the player base.

That seems more manageable .... depressing as it might be to update over time. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

6 hours ago, Apparition said:

SCoRE and now Homecoming have been putting up permanent memorial characters in game over the years.  See here.  Right now there are thirteen scattered throughout Paragon City and the Rogue Isles, but one central place is a good idea.

I was going to mention the tribute characters around the city but i was only aware of 2.  Ill have to pay them a visit.

Edited by TheZag
  • Thumbs Down 1