Musician Themed Toon

drgantz

I'm primarily thinking of Sonic/Sonic or Kin/Sonic Def for a Musician Themed Toon, but am open to other suggestions.  I read some comments that Sonic Resonance is underpowered.

I'm thinking that Kin/Sonic might be good because in some other games, Bards use their music to buff.

Sonic Resonance is a very capable defender primary.  It also does not solo easily.  Your own mitigation is very limited compared to many other defender primaries -->  No Heal, absorb or regen. No defense. 15% Damage Resistance, mez options are a long recharge t9 patch and a single target 'foe capture'.  Now as with any character sets/set bonuses, pools etc., can help a lot but unlike many other primaries you start out from pretty much zero. Combine that with defender hit points, endurance expensive toggles pummeling your blue bar and soloing especially at low levels is painful and slow.  But on a team they can be strong benefit.  Resist shields for all those high or capped defenses and 60% resistance debuff before considering the secondary or anything else about the build.  While it's completely coincidental and anecdotal two of the strongest teams I've been on had a Sonic Resonance character on the team and I'm thinking if the set was that off it would have been noticed particularly the 5 man team crushing +4/×8 Arachnos in the early 20's in Faultline with AVs etc. etc.

• Like 1

Thank you both for  your replies.  I plan to only group with this toon.  It seems that you both like Sonic Resonance.  I read in a different post that Sonic Resonance needed an update.  I wondered if it was greatly inferior to other Def Primaries.

6 hours ago, drgantz said:

Thank you both for  your replies.  I plan to only group with this toon.  It seems that you both like Sonic Resonance.  I read in a different post that Sonic Resonance needed an update.  I wondered if it was greatly inferior to other Def Primaries.

There are things in the set that would benefit from a pass.  Liquefy could use a look, for example.  The recharge is ... long.   But overall it's a very solid if not 'splashy' set.

PS: Those two Sonics were my Sonic/Dark (~i13 or so) and a Sonic/Sonic build by Linea (~i9) as I recall.

• Like 1

Dark/sonic for a goth theme? You sing about darkness and despair and it comes to life

If titan weapons had a Guitar option I'd totally make a guitar smasher

Emp/sonic could work too for the bard concept, your songs heal and buff and stuff

You can also be princess fiona from shrek with Nature/Sonic, minus attracting all the woodland critters.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!