Which Full Theme primary/secondary set would you enjoy the most?

ninja surprise

5 hours ago, Triumphant said:

I haven't gotten very far with my Archery/Trick Arrow blaster (lvl 27) but, so far, I've been surprised at how fun and rewarding this build has been for me.  I'm used to playing blappers, so going for pure shooty was a bit of a hard sell for me, but trick arrow has enough cool gimmicks to keep play fresh and interesting.

My opinion could change once I get to 50, of course.  We'll just have to wait and see.

the new trick arrow is so good, my TA/A defender is so much more fun than most defenders I’ve played 

• Like 1

Welp, it's no good, guys.

Ran a Dark/Dark tank to ~40, took it through the "unlock Katie" arc in Croatoa, and realized I don't like the Dark Armor soft controls or half invisibility for my style of tanking.

So I rolled a Fiery/Fiery, PL'd to 28 and started running missions.  I like it, even though the armor can't dodge a debuff to save its life. Just have to be careful how many of each enemy type I pull. 

But then I started thinking about how great of an AoE Burn is, and with Blazing Aura, it'd go great with a boss-stompin' secondary like Energy Melee... I remembered reading @Camel's great guide... 

The mix-and-match Alt pull is too strong!! Can't resist!

24 minutes ago, ninja surprise said:

Ran a Dark/Dark tank to ~40, took it through the "unlock Katie" arc in Croatoa, and realized I don't like the Dark Armor soft controls or half invisibility for my style of tanking.

I skipped CoF and OG and took the Minimal FX option for Cloak of Darkness (and several other armors).

• Like 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

On 10/9/2021 at 9:19 PM, ninja surprise said:

Same, and I love Breath of Fire. I just don't like Blazing Aura, the "poofing" animation makes my eyes hurt.

Yeah, I've heard others complain about that as well, to bad we can't get the "Hot Feet" or "Mud Pots" animation as an option.

Nothing warms your opponent like Fiery Melee.

Tanker Tuesday and Tanker Tuesday Tour Info:

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Special weekend run for Reunion/Europe

On 10/11/2021 at 12:12 PM, ninja surprise said:

Welp, it's no good, guys.

So I rolled a Fiery/Fiery, PL'd to 28 and started running missions.  I like it, even though the armor can't dodge a debuff to save its life. Just have to be careful how many of each enemy type I pull. 

But then I started thinking about how great of an AoE Burn is, and with Blazing Aura, it'd go great with a boss-stompin' secondary like Energy Melee... I remembered reading @Camel's great guide... 

The mix-and-match Alt pull is too strong!! Can't resist!

Recommend reading through the "Brunker" guide from @Sovera on the front page here too if you are looking for Fire/ synergies.  I certainly disdained Fire/ tankers until I read that thread and started up a Fire/Ice.  

13 hours ago, Warboss said:

Yeah, I've heard others complain about that as well, to bad we can't get the "Hot Feet" or "Mud Pots" animation as an option.

Mud Pots would be cool and thematically justifiable: The extreme heat you emit boils the very ground around you, causing damage to nearby enemies.

On 10/3/2021 at 10:43 PM, ninja surprise said:

Dark Armor / Dark Melee

Electric Armor / Electrical Melee
Fiery Aura / Fiery Melee
Ice Armor / Ice Melee
Radiation Armor / Radiation Melee
Stone Armor / Stone Melee

Of these listed, Dark, Electric, and Radiation are probably the strongest and most fun to play.   I would consider Inv/SS and Super Reflexes/Martial Arts or Reflexes/Katana to be matching sets as well, even if I can't recommend Super Strength right now and Reflexes takes a long time to get that good. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

On 10/11/2021 at 12:12 PM, ninja surprise said:

@CamelRan a Dark/Dark tank to ~40, took it through the "unlock Katie" arc in Croatoa, and realized I don't like the Dark Armor soft controls or half invisibility for my style of tanking.'s great guide...

Would not want to roll a Dark tanker as a first toon - the build will need a sugar daddy very early - but once you solve the endurance problem DA rocks.  Dark Melee benefits other sets more than it does Dark Armor, which already has one of the best self heals available.  My DA tanker is DA/Savage. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

I'm leveling a D/D tank now, so far it's fun and powerful.  It's definitely expensive as you pretty much have to slot the best IOs you can to reduce end costs, and enhance recharge/accuracy.  On that note, don't fall into the defense trap with Dark/* (but especially with dark melee).  The set craves global recharge and accuracy and while you can softcap all positionals doing so will absolutely force you to compromise both of those (and closing the energy resist hole).  IMO defense is the tertiary mitigation layer for Dark/ after resistance and healz.  I might even put soft control and damage (dead enemies cant hurt you afterall) as priorites above softcapping ranged/aoe defense as well

Edited by mcdoogss