Costume suggestion

First the feedback - I love all the costume pieces that have been added and unlocked from npc costumes and elsewhere, since HC has been up and running. Awesome stuff.

Now suggestion: at this time of year almost more than any other, I yearn desperately for long skirts.

On Paragon Chat we were able to play around with using some of the npc parts with db editing, and though I never did a lot with that, I was able to find and use the long skirt I'd always wanted.

In the db, it was 

geom "V_Hips_Talons.GEO/GEO_Hips_Ragged_Talons"        
tex1"!Skirt_V_Talons_02"    
tex2 "!Skirt_V_Talons_02_Mask"

And it was the essential piece for this costume (you'll recognize the other parts, standard ones) (attached).

The tex2 Mask creates the ragged edge and I used it with and without, so both version would be awesome.

Clipping is minimal, and certainly nothing worse that sometimes occurs with existing costume parts now.

Please oh please consider adding this piece the next time you are adding new npc costume bits. 

Thanks for considering. 🙂 

ligeia.jpg

ligeia-1.jpg

ligeia1.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Up 7

• 9 months later

My post on this did not actually post for some reason....

Anyway, long skirts would be a welcome addition. However, just so you know, this was brought up back on Live and the response was something like adding in the long skirts would require redoing all the animations. It is why the mobs with long skirts have only upper body attack animations. (Edit: And fly.)

If this is not a problem and they can give players access to long skirts though? As I already said, it would be welcome.

Edited by Rudra

Just now, Rudra said:

Anyway, long skirts would be a welcome addition. However, just so you know, this was brought up back on Live and the response was something like adding in the long skirts would require redoing all the animations. It is why the mobs with long skirts have only upper body attack animations.

It would necessitate that players accept a fair bit of stretching and warping of the skirt/dress model.  I mean, some of the longer skirts we already have access to do this - it'd just be even more obvious with such a long piece...