Is Elec/Elec better as a Defender or Corruptor (and why)?

00Troy00

The one you enjoy?!

More seriously afaik they should really be very similar.  End drain is Electric's thing and to my knowledge it isn't effected by AT mods that might normally favor defenders but then there aren't any rains or anything especially outstanding scourge-wise to favor corruptors either.

On 10/9/2021 at 10:11 PM, Doomguide2005 said:

The one you enjoy?!

More seriously afaik they should really be very similar.  End drain is Electric's thing and to my knowledge it isn't effected by AT mods that might normally favor defenders but then there aren't any rains or anything especially outstanding scourge-wise to favor corruptors either.

I am going to slightly disagree here, my friend 🙂 

1. Elec affinity does end drain as well on two powers, and one of them is constantly going off, the other is going off whenever you want 
On defenders , the number is slightly stronger 

2. The more important issues are here below 

The shields
The absorbs
The heals
The buffs 
The debuffs 

They are all better on the Defender 
Defensively the Defender will make a much stronger build for yourself as well 

To the OP, I therefore recommend the Defender version.   

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, Voltak said:

I am going to slightly disagree here, my friend 🙂 

1. Elec affinity does end drain as well on two powers, and one of them is constantly going off, the other is going off whenever you want 
On defenders , the number is slightly stronger 

2. The more important issues are here below 

The shields
The absorbs
The heals
The buffs 
The debuffs 

They are all better on the Defender 
Defensively the Defender will make a much stronger build for yourself as well 

To the OP, I therefore recommend the Defender version.   

How would you rate Electric Affinity as a Defender primary Voltak? Aesthetically, it seems awesome. I hear it can be a difficult set to play though? As in, very clicky and active.

3 hours ago, StriderIV said:

How would you rate Electric Affinity as a Defender primary Voltak? Aesthetically, it seems awesome. I hear it can be a difficult set to play though? As in, very clicky and active.

It's not difficult at all 

It's clicky if circumstances call for it, to do your specific job since Elec Affinity is a bag of many instruments 

Kinetics is an easy set to play but it is a very active set , but being and active set does not take away from being easy 

Elec affinity is just like that , if it calls for you to use your powers , so be it, but what powers to use and when is an easy thing to learn and carry out 

Elec affinity is there at the top circle of buffing/healing only because it has so many instruments 

You provide endurance

Massive recharge bonuses 

Resistances

Area Wide perma status protection 

Endurance drain protection 

Absorption 

And healing 

Right up there with the best Rez in the game since you can Rez  everyone in one shot , not just a single dead person 

Best of all --- those buffs you can apply to yourself 

In very hard game content, you may 1 or 2 people die in a full team but you provide immense mitigation to many things 

In easier game content, elec affinity has easy time keeping everyone buffed or healed if needed 

I have done the 801 series at the highest difficulty scale 

I have done even more challenging content than 801 in the AE 

Elec Affinity is very powerful and a masterfully designed set for defenders 

I will share videos as soon as I can 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, Voltak said:

It's not difficult at all 

It's clicky if circumstances call for it, to do your specific job since Elec Affinity is a bag of many instruments 

Kinetics is an easy set to play but it is a very active set , but being and active set does not take away from being easy 

Elec affinity is just like that , if it calls for you to use your powers , so be it, but what powers to use and when is an easy thing to learn and carry out 

Elec affinity is there at the top circle of buffing/healing only because it has so many instruments 

You provide endurance

Massive recharge bonuses 

Resistances

Area Wide perma status protection 

Endurance drain protection 

Absorption 

And healing 

Right up there with the best Rez in the game since you can Rez  everyone in one shot , not just a single dead person 

Best of all --- those buffs you can apply to yourself 

In very hard game content, you may 1 or 2 people die in a full team but you provide immense mitigation to many things 

In easier game content, elec affinity has easy time keeping everyone buffed or healed if needed 

I have done the 801 series at the highest difficulty scale 

I have done even more challenging content than 801 in the AE 

Elec Affinity is very powerful and a masterfully designed set for defenders 

I will share videos as soon as I can 

Any specific secondaries you’d recommend to pair with it? Elec/Elec seems great for the full endurance drain, but just curious if there are any other secondaries that have good synergy with Elec Affinity!

47 minutes ago, StriderIV said:

Any specific secondaries you’d recommend to pair with it? Elec/Elec seems great for the full endurance drain, but just curious if there are any other secondaries that have good synergy with Elec Affinity!

I love my Electric Affinity/Water Blast defender: Bathe with Toasters. I first rolled a sonic blast Elec Affinity, but the jumping in and out of Faraday cage to maximize the head count for howl and shockwave was more than I cared to bear. Water blast can be either in melee in a Faraday Cage with the melee damage dealers or you can babysit the squishies at range. I beg my blaster teammates to stay in the Faraday cage, and it helps me too, when I am looking for a teammate to blast a heal circuit off of.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, StriderIV said:

Elec/Elec is what I recommend.  

Elec affinity drains, and the secondary drains too 

The combo of the two Pets is very neat, they both drain endurance as well 

THe synergy is amazing 

Beam Rifle is the second.  The modifiers for Defenders is greater ( BR debuffs, that is) 

• Thumbs Up 1

Defender, it's much easier and more flexible to build the defender.  The synergy is very nice.  I also like Storm/Elec.  Elec/Beam would also work well.   I always recommend (Fire, Ice, Water) as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE. 

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard, ..., 801.5 Hard, ..., 801.8 Extreme, ..., 801.A Epic, ... 801.F Death.

Angel Hornet (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ASF (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ITF (link)

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.

2 hours ago, Linea said:

Defender, it's much easier and more flexible to build the defender.  The synergy is very nice.  I also like Storm/Elec.  Elec/Beam would also work well.   I always recommend (Fire, Ice, Water) as well.

Yeah I'm leaning either Elec/Elec for the full end drain and double pets (nifty), or Elec/Water, mostly because I run a water Corruptor and I know how safe the set is.

• 2 weeks later
On 10/25/2021 at 1:44 AM, 00Troy00 said:

Does anyone have a build that has truly kicked ass in endgame content that he/she is willing to share?

I did share my build.   I think Strider has it.  Ask him for it.  

That is a build for the general easy content of the game at 50 and it works very well when exempt down to lower levels 

It is not for extreme challenges just the usual easy stuff that COH has.