alpha gains: Agility

cohRock

My Electric/Electric Dominator is vet level 13.  He has chosen the Alpha Agility power, which boosts EndMod, Recharge, and Defense, depending on tier.  Since EndMod and Recharge buff almost every primary and secondary power, not to mention Stamina and Hasten, it seems to be a very good fit.  I was curious about how much he was being buffed, so I checked it out, focusing on the aforementioned two powers.  The majority of other powers didn't even have EndMod and Recharge slotted.

Both Stamina and Hasten have two slots, which are filled with 50+5 generic IOs.

Baseline, tier1 Agility Boost

Stamina: 105.4%, with Agility adding 33% at 1/6 ignore diminishing returns

Recharge: 95.9%, not yet buffed by Agility

Advanced, tier3 Agility Partial Core Revamp

Stamina: 114.9%, with Agility adding 33% at 1/2 ignore diminishing returns

Recharge 114.9%, with Agility adding 33% at 1/2 ignore diminishing returns

At tier3 he is also buffing defense powers 20% at 1/2 ignore diminishing returns.  He only has three powers which benefit from this, Maneuvers, Scorpion Shield, and Vengeance.  I didn't grab the numbers for these because for the build it is a minor "gravy" enhancement.  I'm glad the defense buff exists, but it had no bearing on choosing Agility.

When he reaches tier4 (Agility Core Paragon) the recharge boost will increase to 45%, while Recharge remains at 33% and Defense remains at 20%.  All buffs will ignore diminishing returns by 2/3, though.

Unfortunately, Agility has no direct effect on Domination because that is an unslottable power.  Domination does benefit indirectly by the boost to Hasten, however.  Also helping the global recharge is Destiny:Ageless.  It is at tier4, making Ageless Radial Epiphany add a perma global recharge (of decreasing strength), at least when he remembers to click it.  He also has various other global recharge boosts via set bonuses and procs.

• Thumbs Up 1

-- Rock

Uhm. Ok?

• Haha 3

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

1 hour ago, Aurora_Girl said:

Uhm. Ok?

It's just some statistics i decided to share.  None of my other 50s had considered Agility due to EndMod not usually being a significant element to buff.  But with Electric/Electric dominator, it is hard to imagine any other choice being better.  Plus I threw in subtle cookies for those who don't know, like how good is a double-slotted power with 50+5 GIOs?

-- Rock

21 hours ago, cohRock said:

My Electric/Electric Dominator is vet level 13.  He has chosen the Alpha Agility power, which boosts EndMod, Recharge, and Defense, depending on tier.  Since EndMod and Recharge buff almost every primary and secondary power, not to mention Stamina and Hasten, it seems to be a very good fit.

Yeah, sometimes you can find an Alpha power that's a no-brainer.

Ironblade is broadsword/regen.  His Alpha is Spiritual, which gives +healing and +recharge.  The recharge helps BS, since it's the slowest recharge set.  And both effects boost several of the regen powers.  All his self heals are over 125% buff on both heal and recharge and that's NOT counting set bonuses for either (he has a bunch of +HP and over 50% global recharge).

• Like 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

I find the incarnate abilities desperately need some diversity. I would be curious to see data on which ones are taken because I'm guessing there are a few unloved ones.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."