Interface Imbalance

So I've begun the process of slotting Incarnate powers on my main, and when I sought help on the server it became clear that (as in most cases) -Resist wins the day and makes Reactive by far the most popular choice. As a Water/Storm Corruptor, though, fire DoT doesn't exactly appeal to my sensibilities, and I was thinking I might take Preeemptive (given the storm summoner concept).

However, it seems like Preemptive is terrible, to put it mildly.

I was thinking that perhaps some of the lesser Interface options could stand a buff to, if not bring them up to par with reactive, at least make choosing them for concept reasons palatable.

Using Preemptive as an example, it seems like it would benefit greatly if it took a percentage of the endurance it drained from targets and gave it back to the caster. Even in the late game, built for endurance recovery, I wouldn't ever say no to a little more endurance.

Others who have more familiarity with the other Interface powers should chime in with suggestions. In any case, if one option is the One Good Option, a bit more balance would be nice.

Actually while the -resistance of reactive looks like it is the best, the actual debuff is so small as to be laughable (if you read the info). It says 2.5% resistance debuff non stackable from the same source. That's a damned fine approximation of nothing. I find the DoT to be the important part, so I just pick the DoT damage type flavor and run with the type I want.

As far as I am concerned, Reactive and Degenerative are the only real choices. Both are comparable in different ways, with Degenerative's -maxhp being quite effective against AV's and Giant Monsters. Any of the interface options that don't at least have a DoT attached are non-starters for me.

7hZ6srn.png

Kyriani-Nic-Jem

Actually while the -resistance of reactive looks like it is the best, the actual debuff is so small as to be laughable (if you read the info). It says 2.5% resistance debuff non stackable from the same source. That's a damned fine approximation of nothing. I find the DoT to be the important part, so I just pick the DoT damage type flavor and run with the type I want.

Yeah this is my approach as well. I pick the DoT effect that seems most in character and call it a day. Reactive or Degenerative might be the best options for soloing AVs but for normal game-play all of the DoTs are roughly equal in effectiveness. Now the non-DoT interfaces are pretty much useless.

Defender Smash!

Back in the day, I never bothered with Reactive.  Even if it IS the best (which, to be very clear, isn't the point I'm trying to make here, so let's not beat that horse on my account), the stacking limits meant that on any given team, there were probably enough folks using Reactive to hit its stacking cap, so I always felt free to use other Interface abilities.

Back in live reactive was stacking with itself 4 times but the source was irrelevant so in an i-trial, with 24 people everyone having reactive its potential was wasted. I am not sure how it is in homecoming now but for solo playing %75 reactive and degenerative debuff's were golden. For Degenerative I think it worked best on EB, AV, GM and RWZ pylons.