Team difficulty changes when changing zones.

SuperPlyx

This has been a bug for awhile now and I am sure it has been discussed here before. I did search it but all my search were to broad and I got to many results to locate one of the post. But I think it needs to keep being brought up till it is fixed.

So, when a team lead selects a mission in another zone the difficulty settings the leader has set will change if someone  other than the team lead enters mission first. This also happens on Task Forces. 

On a Market Crash yesterday, doing 4x8, get to the last mission, which is a tram mission.

As most people do, team uses Ouroboros.

And a member of the team enters mission before the team leader does.

Mission is 2x8 now.

No way to reset it since it is Task Force.

Experience ruined and I don't mean xp.

This happens too often and has been around to long. 

Edit:  Adding a supposition that as long as the leader is in the zone the teammate can enter without lowering difficulty.  

So it is possible for some teams to not have this problem as long as team lead is in zone before someone enters mission.

Edited by SuperPlyx
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm pretty sure the difficulty is +0/x1 as default when someone else enters.  At least that's been my experience.

On TFs, if you look at difficulty, it's just going to show your own.

Yes, it's annoying and one reason I don't like leading TFs if we're going to run at plus difficulty since my comp zones slowly.  (As a plus, I miss out on a lot of cut scenes...)

Just to verify who enters the mission 1st does not matter for this bug.

The supposition u made is actually the bug.

Leader has to be in zone, for the diff setting to be working correctly, before anyone enters. As soon he entered the zone (can still be at tram as example) anyone can enter Mission without having this bug.

Edited by SuggestorK
  • Like 1

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server

• 10 months later

@Number Six this is not fixed. It is ongoing in regard to Task forces.

On 10/17/2021 at 7:12 AM, SuperPlyx said:

So, when a team lead selects a mission in another zone the difficulty settings the leader has set will change if someone  other than the team lead enters mission first. This also happens on Task Forces. 

I have seen it recently on one (or more) of the Posi (maybe both) and Yin task forces.

I have seen this most recently with the last week or two.

There was another thread about this somewhere; I thought it had been fixed; but I have seen it go on since then and finally had the time to hunt down this thread and post about it still being an issue.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.