Against All Odds not accepting Taunt from IO set

Kinestron

I created the Taunt IO from the Annoyance set(level 20) and tried placing it in Against All Odds. The power remains greyed out when clicking and dragging. Curious, I decided to make a regular Taunt IO(level 25) and the power will allow that one.

This is standard. None of the Taunt Auras in armor sets accept taunt set IOs. I'm not sure what the original justification for this was. It may well have been concern about the damage proc in a taunt aura although since support ATs can slot damage procs in their debuff auras it seems an odd reason to me.

Defender Smash!

My initial thought was that this might have been due to the disorient IO from the Triumphant Insult set (a continuously on disorient aura with no side effects (like Oppressive Gloom's -HP) seemed a little broken). However the proc is only mag 1 and lasts 3 seconds. As it only procs every 10 seconds this makes it pretty useless.

The other thing I thought of is that Against All Odds has no accuracy component, as such I don't think it actually targets your foes, as such wouldn't both the Triumphant Insult and Annoyance procs both have effect on the user instead?

The other thing I thought of is that Against All Odds has no accuracy component, as such I don't think it actually targets your foes, as such wouldn't both the Triumphant Insult and Annoyance procs both have effect on the user instead?

It does target foes (it has to for the damage debuff) but it auto-hits them which is why it doesn't take accuracy enhancements.

Defender Smash!

I seem to recall that this was changed early in the IO era due to a poorly explained interaction with the Perfect Zinger proc.  I don't know that I ever got the whole story.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler