Control Radial Embodiment Hybrid for Blasters

McOz

I'm wondering how much survivability this adds to an AoE (Fire/Fire/Fire) blaster?

Pro's:

• 40% status protection
  • 70%/Fear, 70%/Immobilize, 100%/Stun (if Feared and Immobilized) added to all attacks (I think I read somewhere the stun was mag 4)

Cons:

• Lose 10% dmg + Stacks from Assault Core Hybrid

That feels lot a fair amount of soft control to be dishing out with so much AoE flying around.

Thought of how much 'real world' survivability this will add? Anyone actually running it?

Not on a blaster, but I did briefly cycle through this one while experimenting on one of my scrappers; based on that some thoughts:

In general it should work better for an AoE blaster than it did during my brief fiddling about.

Are you sure it's not 40% status resistance?  Protection is usually expressed in Mag.  I ignored this part, was just testing for the mez personally.

I feel, in general, this sort of thing works best stacked against an existing source.  Interface could also be one of those possible sources ... I think. Spectral perhaps, but I think the chance to immob is pretty low, it also does some neg dmg, so there's that.

By itself, for half-uptime, you're likely better off with Assault, unless the status resistance is better than I think it is.  IIRC, fully stacked with the slotted buff included Assault Core is worth +85% dmg, which is significant. If you want a second hybrid for durability, either of the melee choices would probably serve that goal more directly than soft controls.

Now, I say all that but I do run Gravitic (for the -rech/-spd) Interface on my Fire/Martial because it stacks with Reaction Time, and that works an absolute treat.  But that's 100% uptime and stacks with an existing debuff, so ymmv.  It's difficult to lay numbers on it, but the enhanced slows on top of the chaos of Rain causing Avoid, it does make a difference in incoming attacks.  If you've got yourself setup on beta, it could be worth a run or three to try out.

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

You're right, it gives status resistance, not protection 😄

With a fire/fire/fire blaster I'm torn between:

• Optimizing for all out damage: a dead foe poses no threat! and
  • Having some mitigation: a dead hero does no damage!

If it's useful my stats look like this:

image.png.f6e819b53af55351b27055ebf5635220.png

(The build is @Nemu's from here: 

I'm curious what others think, and in the back of my mind perhaps the best thing to do is get myself on the test server and try it.

4 hours ago, McOz said:

With a fire/fire/fire blaster I'm torn between:

• Optimizing for all out damage: a dead foe poses no threat! and
  • Having some mitigation: a dead hero does no damage!

WHUT?
You're /Flame Mastery. A dead hero does PLENTY of damage! :classic_laugh:

More seriously: swap a few enhancement slots around. Get Bonfire perma with a KB->KD IO in it. That'll take care of 99% of your mitigation needs.
(a Sudden Acceleration KB->KD plus a few Common Rechs is fine. Bonfire doesn't need accuracy and you'll deal plenty of AoE damage from other sources. But you can 5-slot sets like Bombardment or Ragnarok if you've enough spare slots free)
Then slot RoTP for Recharge, Damage and another KB->KD IO. So if you *DO* ever faceplant, you get to nuke things. And they'll take the full 3 ticks of damage (which works out very similar to Inferno!) rather then gettting shoved out of range by the first tick.
(my goto for RoTP is 3x Overwhelming Force Rech/End, Dam/Rech/End, Dam/KD plus an Armageddon Dam/Rech. Combined with a Musculature Alpha)

For Mez protection, Clarion Core Epiphany Destiny is difficult to beat because it's perma. But you may find that Melee Core Embodiment Hybrid suits you better.
It's also worth noting that Assault Radial Hybrid is generally a bit higher performance than Assault Core Hybrid because Blasters tend to be saturated for +damage buffs already via Defiance, Aim and Build Up.

Edited by Maelwys
  • Thumbs Up 1

Interface will not help your survival too much by themselves.

Where's your heart at? Do you accept the risk that comes with that type of all out build or is there something deep in your heart tugging at you to be more self sufficient and resilient? 

There are two approaches you can take, develop your skills at playing a blaster and learn all the tricks in the book - jousting, kiting, inspiration combine/mashing, using LoS, using soft/hard controls, abusing mob fear AI, awareness of mob aggro radius, target finding, mob faction and problem mob awareness, understanding when and when not to be in melee, understanding team dynamics to gauge whether you can go all out or not, etc...

Or you can change your build.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

10 hours ago, Nemu said:

There are two approaches you can take, develop your skills at playing a blaster and learn all the tricks in the book - jousting, kiting, inspiration combine/mashing, using LoS, using soft/hard controls, abusing mob fear AI, awareness of mob aggro radius, target finding, mob faction and problem mob awareness, understanding when and when not to be in melee, understanding team dynamics to gauge whether you can go all out or not, etc...

THIS all day. It’s the key to unlocking the AT. Also, have backup plans for your backup plans for your backup plans. Practice zen situational awareness.

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

On 10/26/2021 at 7:58 AM, Nemu said:

Or you can change your build.

…..or play a Fire/Rad/Fire Sentinel.  And if you do I’m fairly sure your taste of a high end blaster’s damage output will bring you back to Nemu’s first choice.

There’s really nothing else in the game that plays quite like a jousting/kiting/jumping speed infused crack weasel of death firex3 blaster.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Crysis said:

There’s really nothing else in the game that plays quite like a jousting/kiting/jumping speed infused crack weasel of death firex3 blaster.  

LOL, I haven't remade mine from Live yet (FireBaller), but that comment REALLY brought back memories.  Thanks for that! 😆

• Thumbs Up 1

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

On 10/26/2021 at 7:00 PM, Nyghtmaire said:

THIS all day. It’s the key to unlocking the AT. Also, have backup plans for your backup plans for your backup plans. Practice zen situational awareness.

My fire/fire/fire blaster’s title is “ALL-OUT-WAR” and description is “if you aren’t playing so aggressively that you occasionally get kicked off teams, you aren’t being aggressive enough”. Really large aggregations of mobs make me salivate at the sheer carnage I’m about to reek. 

No fear! Death just means an instant rez and a bit more learning gained. 

If you want to be safe why not play a tanker? (Note: play however you wish. I’m not judging and prefer more safety myself at times. But, if you get into this style of play, it’s a blast!)

• Thumbs Up 1