Super-Strength as a Power Pool

Take One

Super Strength has problems, the biggest of which is spelled Rage. There have been many suggestions for how to solve these problems. This isn't one of them. Instead I suggest that there should be a power pool called Strength, since I think it's silly to limit such an iconic super-power to two archetypes (potentially three if it ever gets proliferated to Scrappers - I'm not holding my breath), when many more concepts could benefit from a limited form of Super-Strength. Thus 'Strength'. Here's my suggestion for which powers you'll unlock at each tier.

• Power 1, available at level 4: PUNCH
  • Power 2, available at level 4: HANDCLAP
  • Power 3, available at level 14, requires one other power from Strength: HURL
  • Power 4, available at level 14, requires two other powers from Strength: KNOCKOUT BLOW
  • Power 5, available at level 14, requires two other powers from Strength: FOOT STOMP

The exact numbers and effects for these would have to be balanced for the power pool nature of the attacks, but considering that they are already weakened by the lack of Rage I don't know if they need to be much weaker. I know that these would more than likely vastly overshadow Fighting's Boxing and Kick powers, but that's more of a problem with that power pool. The real purpose of this powerset isn't to turn everyone into The Hulk, but to let anyone appear strong, for theme and concept reasons.

Ideally, the real Super Strength powerset should be updated before introducing this weaker version, or those poor brutes and tankers might feel tempted to double-dip into this to get access to two KO Blows and Foot Stomps. On the other hand, if they could do that, SS might not need to be updated.

Edited by Take One
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Check out my stories in the Mission Architect. Just search for "@Take One" or "SFMA". Here are some enticing titles:

• Praetoria-related: Earth Revolution Red, Earth Revolution Blue
  • Mercenary Action: West Libertalia: Born And Raised, West Libertalia: Global Empire, West Libertalia: Love And Rockets
  • Soldier of Arachnos Arcs: The Tangled Weave, A Taste For Evil, Faultline By Night, The Warburg Connection,
  • Various: Project Dragon, Evolve Or Die, The Murders in the RWZ Morgue, The Last Crystal Out Of Cimerora

Reduce the radii of FS and HC to like...8ft and you've got yourself a deal. Martial Arts users everywhere will thank you. 

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter