Claws...on a broot?

The_Warpact

Don't take eviscerate. And strike's ugly.

Claws rocks on scrappers, brutes and tanks. They gutted it on stalkers by removing spin and turning the already sucktacular eviscerate into a single target attack.

Between claws' KD with focus and shockwave (which needs the KB->KD IO) and dark's soft controls, you'll be very safe.

There's absolutely an argument for going soul mastery for gloom and darkest night. (Although you may find that you don't ever need to use DN.) Don't even need a lot of recharge for followup, focus, slash, gloom, repeat. Perma-hasten should do the trick nicely.

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, ShadowKickAlt said:

What's the reasoning behind skipping eviscerate?

Bill pretty much summed everything up, but I'm going to take a wild guess his reasoning is similar to mine. I do NOT like the incredibly long cast time for it, and you have to line up the cone to take good advantage of it. Seeing it once or twice is cool. Then respec out. Yeah, it can take a Fury -RES, but if OP goes claws/dark, the PBAOE DMG aura can also. And THAT will always have the chance to go off on everything. ST or AOE. You do NOT use evis in a ST situation. If you do, you are wrong. Or your recharge has been debuffed an incredible amount.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, ShadowKickAlt said:

What's the reasoning behind skipping eviscerate?

Adding to what @SomeGuyhas stated, I recently hopped over to test to see if maybe, just maybe on my scrappers, throwing eviscerate into the chain with it's extra chance to crit and another FotG -damres proc would actually improve overall ST damage output but no matter what chain I attempted to use it with, it always fell short of just going followup, focus, slash, repeat.

On the AoE side, brutes and tanks can run followup, focus, spin, shockwave while scrappers can go with just followup, spin, shockwave. When claws got ported to brutes and tanks, they increased the recharge and base damage on both spin and shockwave but left followup, focus and slash alone, thus the need for adding focus to the aoe chain on brutes and scrappers. You could run followup, spin, eviscerate, shockwave, but you'll actually be reducing your AoE output if you do just as you'd decrease your ST output using it.

So, in the end, eviscerate just becomes a bad pick numerically on TOP of being an absolutely stupid attack visually. Now having played a dual blades to 50, I was struck by how perfectly Sweeping Strike's animation would have been for Claws Eviscerate. Fast, pointed at the gut, nice cone, brutal. But no... they had to leave it as silly backflip. Even the now very old cat on crack against a scratching post animation that swipe was 100 years ago would have been a better choice.

I might be somewhat opinionated on this topic. 🙂

Edit: There *might* be an argument to take eviscerate on a tank *IF* the cone and # of targets hit are being increased there.

Edited by Bill Z Bubba
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

I might be somewhat opinionated on this topic. 🙂

Sometimes opinion is better than numbers. Especially when that opinion is backed by experience. Number's can be great but in practical application it is usually a way different animal.

Hence, why most technicians on the ground hate office engineers. 

Thanks Bill

• Thumbs Up 1

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.