‘City of’ Homecoming Idea For Special Origin Enhancements

dnomad333

28 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Asking the tough questions here, but would the untyped damage proc be able to apply damage to a mito regardless of whether the power was ranged or melee, or held for that matter? Or able to defeat the Invincible Reichsman? How would it work for PvP?

I do agree that special enhancements should feel well special, and I've often thought reverting them to their original enhancement scale would be a good thing as it then allows a user to slot for secondary effects, procs, or move excess slots to other powers.

These are good questions. Most of this would be looked at during the testing process, but basically, for that particular ability. It would be treated as normal. It wouldn't change mechanics like Mitos. It might give you somewhat of a boost against Reichmann, but that depends on how the damage is handled. If Reichmann has defense all/Resist all. The type of damage wouldn't matter, it's only 'Untyped', not unresistible. Now PvP on the other hand, I could possibly see a bigger impact. Since someone without a defense to it, is going to receive more damage, but at the same time, It can't be boosted. In the end, the abilities should be more, 'Nice to Haves' and not game changers. Remember more options is good. Creating OP options that take advantage of things, is bad.

• Like 1

I just want to say I have upped the insanity and I have one character now with 23 whopping special enhancements. That one is now 15 HO’s, 8 D-Syncs. Boosting them to 53 is bankrupting tho 😕

Edited by arcane

11 minutes ago, arcane said:

I just want to say I have upped the insanity and I have one character now with 23 whopping special enhancements. That one is now 15 HO’s, 8 D-Syncs. Boosting them to 53 is bankrupting tho 😕

I see no insanity here. Well maybe trying to buy all the enhancements, but if it works for you, go for it. Even adding in the proposed abilities, I see nothing broken.

12 minutes ago, dnomad333 said:

I see no insanity here. Well maybe trying to buy all the enhancements, but if it works for you, go for it. Even adding in the proposed abilities, I see nothing broken.

I’m taking a small beating on set bonuses (only 60% in recharge bonuses, zero non-proc defenses bonuses) between 23 specials, umm.. let me think... 21 damage procs and 4 -res procs... and ofc all the good def/res/heal/travel etc procs. So yeah.

Endurance costs are wonderful tho. SS/CJ, epic shield, fighting toggles, and all three leadership toggles collectively costing only ~1.2 end/s from what I recall.

Edited by arcane