More server transfers?

Hartanna

Oi,

I watch the Discord #in-game-help and #new-players channels as I have for over a year now.

At least half of the time people request GM help it is a solvable issue in-game that a veteran like myself knows a fix for.

I server-hop to help people with various problems, or boss kills, or stuck NPC etc.

Afterwards I hope back to Everlasting, my main Shard. This takes two transfer tokens.

I understand that I could just park a 50 on every Shard, but I'd much rather play my main.

Also, depending on the problem, I'd need a teleport ally ability on each character if I were to scatter one to every shard.

Currently my secondary toon (Stalker) is stuck on Excelsior because I was helping someone fix the lovely Syfotine Industries map.

I know transfers refresh, so I'll patiently wait till I can play her on the RP Shard again.

That all being said, I'd like to suggest increased transfer tokens.

I know this is a niche circumstance, but I thought I'd bring it up since I believe it's a very simple change.

It'd be quite helpful to someone such as myself in these strange cases where I run out of tokens.

Just today I couldn't help someone struggling with Nosferatu on in-game-help chat. Very sad feeling.

Thanks for the read,

dance alive!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Well.... I'm not *against* it, really, but as you say, it's pretty niche. And with the way you're describing what you're doing... I'd just make a version of that main on each server. get it PL'd to 50 and use that, personally, with whatever powers you need. (Which also avoids the "I transferred to help somoene, it took an hour, and then I lost my name on my main server" as a potential issue.)

• Thumbs Up 3

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

i think with it being free, and 5 every 72hrs is fine enough. and as Greycast said, make the same alt on the other servers you play on. idk why they hardcap it they way they do, but i am guessing it's about server resources. and it's also done for no $$ cost to players. if you like helping other players, your best get is make duplicate alts of your main, pl em on your server, move em to others, and being sure to visit the p2w vendor for those need tp powers, etc.

Im not against it but im not for it either.  I guess make it 6 so its an even number so you can do a there and back 3 times instead of twice and 1 stranded.

But you did offer your own solution of making characters on the other servers.  Make copies of your main,  level it on your main server, then transfer it to the other servers.  I prefer using whats already available when it accomplishes the goal.  Wont need dev help with something thats solvable ingame that way.