Earth Blaster build.

captainstar

Seems squishy and no real defensive focus. The unbreakable constraints melee def bonuses don't do much when you look at the big picture.

Missing force feedback opportunities, and the fact that seismic smash is slotted the way it does suggests the creator didn't really look at the numbers. SS is a hard hitter and slotting it with all procs actually lowers overall damage. If anything I'd expect a purple +5 damage IO in there instead of the PVP IO, whatever that one might be. In reality I'd probably go with a +5 purple dam/end IO and a Nuc and 4 procs just to make sure that I have enough ACC/DAM/End reduction to keep spamming the power and land it. In fact I'd examine all the proc heavy attacks and look at whether adding a damage enhancement will up the average as opposed to loading them up with all procs. All procs works for defenders with their low base damage, but for blasters it's a step backwards.

On the topic of accuracy, I would imagine even with beryl and kismet the power as it's slotted falls short of 95% chance to hit against +4s, but I suppose there are more crippling holes against +4s, such as lack of survival period.

6 slots on weave for 8.75% recharge bonus when you can slot it with 1 LOTG 7.5 and 5 piece red fortune for 12.5% global recharge, as recharge seems to be the focus, is also puzzling.

It's not a bad build though, but can use some more efficient slotting and tightening up. Of course if you want to solo +4/8 then it's not the right build for you.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

58 minutes ago, Nemu said:

Seems squishy and no real defensive focus. The unbreakable constraints melee def bonuses don't do much when you look at the big picture.

Missing force feedback opportunities, and the fact that seismic smash is slotted the way it does suggests the creator didn't really look at the numbers. SS is a hard hitter and slotting it with all procs actually lowers overall damage. If anything I'd expect a purple +5 damage IO in there instead of the PVP IO, whatever that one might be. In reality I'd probably go with a +5 purple dam/end IO and a Nuc and 4 procs just to make sure that I have enough ACC/DAM/End reduction to keep spamming the power and land it. In fact I'd examine all the proc heavy attacks and look at whether adding a damage enhancement will up the average as opposed to loading them up with all procs. All procs works for defenders with their low base damage, but for blasters it's a step backwards.

On the topic of accuracy, I would imagine even with beryl and kismet the power as it's slotted falls short of 95% chance to hit against +4s, but I suppose there are more crippling holes against +4s, such as lack of survival period.

6 slots on weave for 8.75% recharge bonus when you can slot it with 1 LOTG 7.5 and 5 piece red fortune for 12.5% global recharge, as recharge seems to be the focus, is also puzzling.

It's not a bad build though, but can use some more efficient slotting and tightening up. Of course if you want to solo +4/8 then it's not the right build for you.

Can you try make something better for me, Nemu?

I'm terrible doing this kind of stuff. That's why I usually wait till someone make a build here. lol

19 hours ago, captainstar said:

Not really helpfull, but ok.

Your choice of pairing will result in a sub-par experience. .. You have very little mitigation in the form of defense and mez protection. 

choosing an armor for a blaster will yield very low survival as blaster hit points are low enough and you will be able to mitigate 30% or so of S/L damage?

As I said, swapping out to a secondary that compliments Seismic is a much better route.

• Thumbs Down 1

17 hours ago, captainstar said:

Can you try make something better for me, Nemu?

I'm terrible doing this kind of stuff. That's why I usually wait till someone make a build here. lol

What are your expectations for a better build? What's your playstyle - ranged only or face punching? Do you require anything for concept reasons? What's your budget?

You need to put a bit more context into your ask before I can go down the right path to help you. I wouldn't be much help if I gave you a billion inf melee blaster build if you just want to hover blast with a 200 mil inf build.

• Like 1

Jezebel Delias

I am the Inner Circle!

1 hour ago, Nemu said:

What are your expectations for a better build? What's your playstyle - ranged only or face punching? Do you require anything for concept reasons? What's your budget?

You need to put a bit more context into your ask before I can go down the right path to help you. I wouldn't be much help if I gave you a billion inf melee blaster build if you just want to hover blast with a 200 mil inf build.

I prefer face punching. The budget is no problem, I can get many merits in Hami hunts, My hero is inspired by Geoforce. And other thing I think he needs is a jump power. Thanks for helping.

Respect Geo-Force (DC - Pre-Flashpoint) : r/respectthreads 

Getting back to this. Earth blast and earth manip have some close analogs in mids as far as slotting and sets powers take. I chose Archery and electric manipulation as my template. The power pick progression is identical, so just transpose the corresponding earth powers at that level into the build below.

Second, based on your description I went the standard defense route with a defense shield for S/L/Range defense. I could have gone bonfire + resist shield + range defense softcap but that requires more advanced play (i.e. moving/jousting)

On power picks, this particular template is AoE light, with only one spender in seismic force. I have yet to play around with how consistently seismic charges build up now, but my beta experience had me conclude that it's not, and not worth picking a low impact spender just to waste time waiting for the proc to use it. If it's better, than I can definitely make an argument for including the cone as a spender for more AoE options, which will alter the build quite a bit.

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.6.0
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Natural Blaster
Primary Power Set: Archery
Secondary Power Set: Electricity Manipulation
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Cold Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Snap Shot -- SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBrr-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprDfnBrr-Rchg/+Status Protect(7)
Level 1: Electric Fence -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(45), SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(45)
Level 2: Charged Brawl -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(7), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(33), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(34)
Level 4: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A), WntGif-ResSlow(37)
Level 6: Blazing Arrow -- SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(34), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%(43)
Level 8: Aim -- RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(A), RctRtc-Pcptn(9), GssSynFr--Build%(9)
Level 10: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(11)
Level 12: Explosive Arrow -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), Ann-ResDeb%(13), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(13), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(15), Dmg-I(37)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(15)
Level 16: Thunder Strike -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(17), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(17), Dmg-I(31), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33)
Level 18: Ranged Shot -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(19), StnoftheM-Acc/ActRdx/Rng(19), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), StnoftheM-Dam%(33)
Level 20: Dynamo -- PreOptmz-Acc/Rech(A), PreOptmz-EndMod/End(21), PreOptmz-EndMod/Rech(21), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/End(23), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/Rech(23), PreOptmz-EndMod/End/Rech(25)
Level 22: Kick -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(46), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(46), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 24: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(25)
Level 26: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(27), ShlWal-Def(27), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(29)
Level 28: Power Sink -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 30: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), HO:Cyto(31), Rct-ResDam%(31)
Level 32: Rain of Arrows -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(36), Artl-Dam/Rech(37), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(39), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(39), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(39)
Level 35: Snow Storm -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 38: Shocking Grasp -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(40), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(40), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(40), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42), Mk'Bit-Dam%(43)
Level 41: Frozen Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(42), LucoftheG-Def(42)
Level 44: Tactics -- HO:Cyto(A)
Level 47: Hoarfrost -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(48), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(48), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(48), NmnCnv-Heal(50), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(50)
Level 49: Build Up -- RctRtc-ToHit(A), RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Defiance 
Level 1: Sprint -- UnbLea-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 4: Speed Phase 
Level 49: Quick Form 
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1374;673;1346;HEX;|
|78DA4D934B4F135114C7EF74EE501E2DB496F26C8196A2A5480513D744114C040C5|
|0754B26EDD00E34ED649826B274E15E8DC6441E6E7DAF8C5FC00FA046972EDCB9F2|
|91B8F09DF1CCFC0FD0C9CCFCE69E7BCEFF9E73E6DEA56BE743CF2F5C9F114A78B6A|
|A6F6DAD9DA3B763D8C14BBAD3B0F5AAF0AE203D3D3CB1B6AAD7CA46297FD62E560C|
|7B3B7B602E342CAB6E3BF9B9AA51746CB3683ADB6B4B7ACDB41A55DD31EB35D1BE5|
|CAF57F305CB304A21FF73D1D02DB3560EFB8379B35C7168D475305532ECAD8A6945|
|E72CB3989FAD574BA4E62DB4DD47C9A4E849789929DECBD58490424C4B115098015|
|0AA4C09B66860E928568A87B0E51E83279F309F329F818617C231CA4DD6BB05B6DF|
|0647EE80A9BBE028754EF55BE82AEA87806FCB0CAA3E87C9AA71FEDA7DD8523BCC5|
|D70748FB90FE61E8023FC53283610DC25DD9814AD7BCC4758A7871CDAA0AFB4C515|
|E4F98F8649E9F7AF03F1B2E306FC439FA01D7A81DC3B5F8299A4F09926BD30EB852|
|760EB646E10BA58AF8BF52233D08BEC4267887546F6314ED330CAFD8CBEC6DCB137|
|CCB760E21DC7BC07D70931EE59EC0774BA7F327F813DBF997FC0BEBFBC2728FF387|
|254E3CB84B414932BCC55660154C9B7976BED3D8D3AFA3C03F54ED25C3FE6D47EEE|
|EBC03C7C062E8289057093BC06FD8DE68AC1146A88527C12F18124C70F9DA1A154C|
|5D077C46568388C5CB56155C31E906046038FB73083CC56B04C1269C48A34AFE91D|
|E331EEDBD83A6C27CACC0AD304C737C0DC2668925E96F3CD72BEE311663718A39A2|
|6E02326B8968F2121F25C437E057EA7569905E66570FA0AF32AE8A534C5E7666A07|
|FB7A9AF779420ABE5CBAE9122979789ADDC5A36F3A7AD889CB924D6453FC88CFED4|
|D5E93A8F36BB32D85FFF0A5D99685DFB766DB3DACF02A7778CEDD85DC61EEEE7FA4|
|59BECF|
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|

Jezebel Delias

I am the Inner Circle!

Don’t take Nemu’s advice about defense too seriously; soft cap lyfe is an optional playstyle choice one can easily avoid if they know what they’re doing.

I have all Blaster sets, primary and secondary, represented on maxed out characters, and I doubt a single one of them has soft capped anything. Well my Archery blaster has capped ranged def, but he already has a respec planned. Oh yeah and Fire^3 blaster with fire def for farms but that’s it. 20-35% defense is more normal if you actually focus on offense and trust your ability to evade and whatnot. A lot of people on this forum will act like you are just going to die left and right without a defensive build, which is flat out untrue if you know what you’re doing.

Your power picks are same as mine plus Rock Shards minus Heavy Mallet. Might look at the enhancements later.

Also, people suggesting you abandon sets completely are also giving away something about themselves tbh. Every single powerset pairing in this game can solo +4x8 with IO’s and a decent driver. 

Edited by arcane
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, arcane said:

if they know what they’re doing

I can count on 1 hand the number of competent blasters I've ever run across in my day to day PuG life. They exist, and a lot of them play in silos with their other pro-friends seen in some of the channels I joined, but my innumerable PUG experiences has given me perspective on the general skill level of people that play this game.

I don't disagree on some of the things you said, but it's rude to tell people to ignore my recommendations when you've provided little substance other than personal anecdotes and generalizations. If you want to be helpful break down the thought process and the rationale behind why you do what you do, and share techniques like I do in my posts.

Just because you can make do with an SO only build on MLTF (which I have done with Jezebel with the aforementioned channels I belong to) because you've learned to use the tools available to you such as the art of movement, mob AI, inspiration use, LOS, soft control, doesn't mean a random poster asking for build help is on your level. And to those that lack the skills, a bit of survival adds a great deal to being able to play the game casually and enjoy the game.

Also, I am very critical of people that make tremendous sacrifices to beef up survival, I have commented on the 45/75 mentality in other posts. My builds aren't the type that will go out of the way to get 45/75.

Edited by Nemu
  • Like 1

Jezebel Delias

I am the Inner Circle!

Eh. So after playing 2 seismic blasters, a seismic scrap and a seismic fender......all i can say is the ranged toons need kb/kd and i dont see any in that build. Theres been a ton of pug teams running about all seismic testing the new power sets and the knockback makes kills so slow ( on what is a low dmg set) its painful and quite funny to watch. I tried a 45% ranged 75% s/l and it meant sacrificing my pitiful damage with thunderstrike sets for even more pitiful damage....and less recharge. Upthrust needs kb/kd then you want to throw in a ff+rech and suddenly your looking at it putting out 40-50 points of damage and just sigh. Fortunately the new aeon sf means theres a ton of new d-sync enhances going cheap and an acc/dmg and a dmg/end red lets you slot a couple of procs at least. Rock Shards is great if you have the charges for it, it fires off and hits the mob on the other side of the map, i had no idea the range became so massive. Otherwise its useless unless your throwing in a rag knockdown for some control. Luckily it doesnt take much to build charges, 2-3 single target attacks, problem with this is...its 2-3 single target attacks when you need an aoe so you throw out upthrust and have to start building again. And you nuke does kb. But takes aoe sets. So....i love it but i'm constantly impressed with how the HC team keeps bringing in new stuff considering the games age and spaghetti coding.

As to the secondary, well i was mostly interested in mud bath and it turns out its basically like /ice /time, you know absorbs in other words not as good as the other secondaries like /fire /elec that massively bump your recovery so i had the usual endurance issues i get because i have to take fighting/leadership/speed and either flight/leaping. But your a blaster and you don't need defence or resist (unless you absoloutely have to be the main tank running ahead of the team to get your kicks in first) . If your solo it doesnt matter what sets you throw in. If you team but play from the back and don't try to take alphas its the same. But please please please think of your team mates and throw at least a sudden acc kb/kd in uphrust and meteor. You wont kill stuff you will just scatter it all over because its more of a control set than a flat out dps set.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Nemu said:

I can count on 1 hand the number of competent blasters I've ever run across in my day to day PuG life. They exist, and a lot of them play in silos with their other pro-friends seen in some of the channels I joined, but my innumerable PUG experiences has given me perspective on the general skill level of people that play this game.

I don't disagree on some of the things you said, but it's rude to tell people to ignore my recommendations when you've provided little substance other than personal anecdotes and generalizations. If you want to be helpful break down the thought process and the rationale behind why you do what you do, and share techniques like I do in my posts.

Just because you can make do with an SO only build on MLTF (which I have done with Jezebel with the aforementioned channels I belong to) because you've learned to use the tools available to you such as the art of movement, mob AI, inspiration use, LOS, soft control, doesn't mean a random poster asking for build help is on your level. And to those that lack the skills, a bit of survival adds a great deal to being able to play the game casually and enjoy the game.

Also, I am very critical of people that make tremendous sacrifices to beef up survival, I have commented on the 45/75 mentality in other posts. My builds aren't the type that will go out of the way to get 45/75.

Just letting people know that they should take soft capping suggestions with a grain of salt, man. If I didn’t see so many posters (not you) implying that you just die the second you play without 45%, it wouldn’t have felt necessary. 

And yeah, I don’t PUG much anymore.

And yeah, I would rather get my recharge/accuracy/damage and multiple bonusless proc bombs on paper before I even dream of going for a defense set bonus. So most of my stuff is running on the defense from toggles and the 3% procs and perhaps the 5%ers from ATO’s and that’s all I care to shoot for. Anything more pulls from my offense potential too much usually.

Think I’ll kill some pylons on mine later to see how the DPS goes.

Edited by arcane