Earth Blast playstyle questions

Snarky

Tested it while on the test server and now playing it....

It is a pretty nice set. I half wonder if it is a bit too good given how it periodically gives you a knockdown aura around you (though not so useful at higher levels as plenty of foes will ruin your day from range), has area attacks which cycle nicely, and "help your powers recharge" side effect built into its version of Build Up.

Playing as Seismic/Time, doing the range bit and loving it so far. Will be able to say a bit more once I grab the T9.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Leveling SB/Dev, only 18 so far but I'll echo the smoothness of the attacks (even at this level -- of course I'm taking everything in the primary at this point). Also planning to stay at range with help from the shockwaves effect & Caltrops. Definitely can't hoverblast so I need to see how to build him for safety on the ground. I don't know from blasters so this is all a wild experiment.

• Thanks 1

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

Playing Earth/Earth and I'm enjoying it immensely. To me, it feels like what I always wanted an Earth 'troller to play like.

I'm not the best at making builds so (currently at level 43) I feel a bit squishy. I do not play this one as a hover-blaster, but I wouldn't say I play as a blapper either.

So far, I haven't slotted out the KB on the nuke. I'm playing around with the positioning of the target area for KB mitigation as much as possible to see if I can get away with leaving it.

(It is freakin' hilarious how far those suckers fly when it hits though.) One thing I like to do is to hit them with Fracture first. Def Debuff + Stun, drop Meteor, then hit them with Upthrust while it's on the way down. There's not much left after it hits, and the ones that do survive get a good bit of damage so meh.

(Thank you lovely tank with fold space. You know how to handle all situations without qq . /e clap :classic_smile:)

I will be happy for the patch that fixes the exemp issue (During TF's etc. will not build spendable Seismic Pressure)

That's where I'm at so far. Try it out!

• Thanks 1

Let it be said, the T9 is quite entertaining to watch unfold. The delay between cast and impact might have been annoying but as noted by Dona Eis Requiem you can activate other powers while it approaches like Upthrust. While not the biggest fan of knockback, the 12.9 knockback which will scatter corpses or anything which happens to live seems quite appropriate.

The damage is delivered by pet, so you will need to turn on pet damage to see it in the Combat channel.

I had feared the T8 power would be a skippable one but then noticed that when the trigger condition is met it deals Extreme damage, and boy does it.

No power, at base, seems like junk though doubtlessly when optimizing for high recharge some will be quicker by the wayside than others.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Snarky said:

So aside from the explosive diarrhea graphics…

How does Earth play?  What range is it ‘comfortable’ at.  What does it fo well?   What do you wish it dud better?

lvl 32 Earth/Earth and it looks like it could be good proc'ed.

early on you are 95% ranged with 1 melee power that is high damage.

I really wanted more melee powers and you seemed to get pigeon holed into ranged.

The Mud heal power is a must even tho it's effects (pbaoe slow) are short ranged and screams there should be more melee powers.

In total 4 ranged(1 cone), 1 Target AoE(light dmg), 1 PBAoE (light dmg), 2 Melee (high/Extreme), 2 stuns (1 single target 1 Target AoE)

There is still the chance all the AoE's and PBAoE's could be proc'ed and it might turn out awesome.

Hitting Ranged Def softcap of 45% is easy and at the same time hitting 75% S/L resists.

Edited by Chelsea Rorec