Bootstrap failed, claims "internet connectivity issue"

Milk Sheik

I downloaded the HC installer (I'm on Windows 10) and started installing. It asked me for a directory, and started copying my Tequila fine, but then I got this: 
image.png.7dfd1749bb66e7f60790907854795fd5.png

My Internet is connecting fine with other applications (Google Chrome, etc.). I made sure to put an exception in my antivirus for the upcoming folder name and tried again, same result.

In possibly-related or possibly-unrelated news, I also had trouble getting the CoH Modder to work (it thought I had a closed port), but the game was working as of last night, complete with I27p3 Vidiotmaps, which I manually downloaded since the modder wasn't working. I had another issue with Tequila (see "Disappearing Tequila.exe" post elsewhere) and hoped to circumvent it by downloading the Homecoming Launcher, but as evidenced here... no dice. So in summary, I can't get into the game using Tequila, nor can I install HC to get around it.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Milk Sheik

Refight the Trojan War and stop Arachnos in the time-traveling "Dr. Aeon and the Wrath of Achilles," 5 missions full of heroic allies and smash/lethal EBs, AE#31899!

Torchbearer Greek & Roman theme SG and coalition -- "Polias" -- always looking for new members!

• City Council

Did it get far enough to create a log file in the location that you picked for the install?

From the variety of symptoms (disappearing files, modder not working, blocked internet connectivity) it sure sounds like your AV or something else isn't respecting your exclusions and it causing all sorts of issues.

Oddly, I just explored the files that it did successfully create, and started the Homecoming.exe file to see what would happen. It said another copy may be running... so I closed the window that gave me the error message, tried again, and was rewarded with the HC splash screen. It is now installing, so... fingers crossed!

EDIT: I'm in... characters present and accounted for. 🙂

Edited by Milk Sheik

Refight the Trojan War and stop Arachnos in the time-traveling "Dr. Aeon and the Wrath of Achilles," 5 missions full of heroic allies and smash/lethal EBs, AE#31899!

Torchbearer Greek & Roman theme SG and coalition -- "Polias" -- always looking for new members!

Yeah, I second the notion that this was likely triggered by your internet security app, but it looks like it realized the game's safe.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)