Put Contact dialog in the Team chat

Can the text that's displayed when you're talking to a contact be output on the Chat window, Teams channel?

It would be super nice while on a team, particularly task and strike forces, if the dialog that the team leader sees got logged to Team channel. Right now when doing a story arc, only the team leader gets to see the story line and the rest of the team just follows along, completely in the dark.

I try to copy/paste the text sometimes, but often it's too long to paste into chat. 

It would be great if it were an option, like "Cutscene captions", "NPC dialog", etc, that a person could add to their channel.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

There is actually an "NPC dialogue" channel but it's for the random conversations that the NPCs have that appear in chat bubbles above their head.... if you don't have that channel set you wont see their dialogue bubbles. I tested this pre-sunset lol

What you suggest would be nice though.

And clues text too. I've been experimenting with having the clues tab open to see if it fulfils roughly the same purpose of giving you an idea of what is going on if you don't read the contact text. It's very variable, some missions have extensive clue text that gives recaps of what is going on but others just show the 'you find a piece of paper' type clues without context.

The ideal mission text window would I think have contact text, any relevant npc text (without random chatter from npc's unrelated to the mission), cutscene caption text and the clue text all in one place.

• Like 1

sorry.. but no thx at all, "Team" channel is for the "TEAM"... dont need it more cluttered, as for making all npc dialagoue to an appropiate channel that one can add if it want or not.. can be done.

Edited by SuggestorK

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server

If you click the "I" up on the nav bar next to the mission objectives, you'll see the contact dialog, actually.

That said, I think SuggestorK's more on point - dumping it in the team channel would be the wrong place for it, but having a channel for it (or having it show up if in your souveniers, or an "assisted souveniers" or something) would be nice.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

28 minutes ago, Parabola said:

one that could be stitched together in a custom window.

Vahzichat.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.