Finally!

Ukase

So...I'm no longer truly inf rich. Asset rich, perhaps. Over 20K winter packs have been bought, of which, I've gotten over 2k of those. I plan to get many, many more...but it's like I'm driving a true gas guzzler, a 69 Plymouth Fury, with cement in the doors for the demo derby. I'm just not comfortable unless I have a full tank or darn close to it. So, I'm gonna wait a week, see what shakes in the market. I expect the price of rare salvage to plummet to 375k again, and hover around 400k for "buy it now!" for the next 6 months. 

• Confused 1

It leads me to wonder how winter packs would normally be bought in a years' time, and if we're risking having supply outstrip demand?

From looking at the auction screen just now, at least 50K packs have been sold already. Will there be cutthroat competition to unload these over the next year? Will it get so bad people feel a need to dump them at no profit? Could it get so bad that late next year, we start seeing them being sold at a loss just to get something back?

5 minutes ago, Andreah said:

It leads me to wonder how winter packs would normally be bought in a years' time, and if we're risking having supply outstrip demand?

From looking at the auction screen just now, at least 50K packs have been sold already. Will there be cutthroat competition to unload these over the next year? Will it get so bad people feel a need to dump them at no profit? Could it get so bad that late next year, we start seeing them being sold at a loss just to get something back?

I think that if the in game population stays flat or declines by next year this could be the case.  Personally, I'm just going to buy a bunch to use myself and sell off the things I don't rather than trying to make any profit on the packs themselves.  Time will tell.

16 minutes ago, Andreah said:

It could, and it may, to a point, but the folks with the deeper pockets probably recognize the packs for what they are. Opportunity. 

Bear in mind, the patch notes strongly hint that they won't be going on sale next year, if ever again. So, even if demand is satisfied by a large supply - the next week brings more alts who have needs that must be satisfied. As does the next week, and the next week. 

So...if I buy 10k packs on each account...which is an idea in my head, I can open 500 hundred a month, and they'll last a couple years. The goodies within - probably not as long. Certainly, I'll have a surplus of Winter-Os. I'll probably have 10,000 snow beasts. Couple hundred respecs, who knows how many tailor tokens. But the brain storm ideas, the merits, the converters, catalysts & boosters, I can certainly use those. And next Winter, I'll start to sell a few winter-Os, and slowly get some of those billions back.