Do we have any idea how many people are streaming/posting videos about Homecoming?

Albion

On 12/11/2021 at 8:37 PM, macskull said:

Anecdotal evidence here, but the streaming ban really put a damper on my desire to play as often as I used to. It also hurt the PvP community quite a bit because players were relegated to having to watch private, invite-only streams for PvP events and as a result there's very little PvP footage out there from the period when streaming was banned.

Well, so that makes a few.ย  I recall back on Live every year when school started the number of players would dip for a bit and everyone would cry doom.ย  I'd guess - just guess yes ๐Ÿ™‚ - that there's also a certain amount of burn-out after we've had the game back for a few years now.ย  I don't know a thing about PVP but that it's always been a niche set of players.ย  I wouldn't think "there's little PVP footage out there" would really mean all that much, but I'm also not part of the "spend my time watching people play a game" set, which I do understand is a real thing ion this day and age; I can't understand how such would keep players away however.

• Thumbs Up 1

โ•”โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•—

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
โ•šโ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•

12 minutes ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Well, so that makes a few.ย  I recall back on Live every year when school started the number of players would dip for a bit and everyone would cry doom.ย  I'd guess - just guess yes ๐Ÿ™‚ - that there's also a certain amount of burn-out after we've had the game back for a few years now.ย  I don't know a thing about PVP but that it's always been a niche set of players.ย  I wouldn't think "there's little PVP footage out there" would really mean all that much, but I'm also not part of the "spend my time watching people play a game" set, which I do understand is a real thing ion this day and age; I can't understand how such would keep players away however.

I'm not at allย worriedย about HC's population as long as the monthly donation window closes as fast as it does. There's been a definite spike in population since the last update but that's pretty typical - steady decline of players once the "new shiny" wears off which bumps back up again when new content is released. HC releases major updates at a slower pace than the other CoH servers so it's no surprise there's a population decline but when HC's lowest populations are orders of magnitude higher than other servers' highest populations it's not particularly worrying.

ย 

That being said, HC can't advertise due to agreements with NCSoft (so we are told anyways) so relies entirely on word of mouth to maintain its population. Old-time players who haven't heard the game is back over the last two and a half years will sometimes find it and trickle back in but getting new people involved is important for the health of the game too. Streaming and videos are probably the single best way to promote the game in the current environment - whether people understand it or not is irrelevant.

• Thumbs Up 1

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

ย 

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheetย (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graphย (updated every 15 minutes)ย Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac |ย Twitch | Youtube

Based upon that foundation of assumptions, sure.

โ•”โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•—

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
โ•šโ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•

Seems we have more than enough to compile a list and ask for it to be put somewhere for all to peruse, the order should be alphabetic or...?

ฮฃฮฑฯ…ฯ„แฝธฮฝ แผ€ฯฮฏฮธฮผฮทฯƒฮฟฮฝ ฯ€ฯฯŒฯ„ฮตฯฮฟฮฝ ฮบฮฑแฝถ ฮณฮฝแฟถฮธฮน ฯƒฮตฮฑฯ…ฯ„ฯŒฮฝ,

ย  ย  ย  ฮบฮฑแฝถ ฯ„ฯŒฯ„แพฝ แผ€ฯฮนฮธฮผฮฎฯƒฮตฮนฯ‚ ฮณฮฑแฟ–ฮฑฮฝ แผ€ฯ€ฮตฮนฯฮตฯƒฮฏฮทฮฝ.