Advertisement: New Restaurant and Bar in Talos!

TheBizi

An advertisement catches your eye. It looks like a new restaurant and bar is opening along the Talos waterfront this weekend. The grand opening will feature live music.

[glow=blue,2,300]Come join us for the grand opening of the Talos Keys Lounge! Located along along the boardwalk (( SG passcode: Lounge-1871 )), our opening will feature live music, fine dining, and a chance for you to check out Paragon City's hottest new social experience![/glow]

4w7YQgm.jpgqAortyH.jpg

[glow=blue,2,300]Don't have a dance partner? Come find one at the bar located on the second floor. Socialize with friends and strangers alike while having a fine drink![/glow]

i48Ytbc.jpg

[glow=blue,2,300]With dueling pianos, a live singer, and open dance floor as our center attractions, rewind time to the era of jazzy swing music![/glow]

tCZbcCM.jpg6LbhjHR.jpg

[glow=blue,2,300]Seating around the dance floor means you can enjoy the music from the sidelines while eating one of our many fine seafood dishes![/glow]

VSYwMFF.jpg0fGj7UY.jpg

[glow=blue,2,300]We also have areas to cater to private parties![/glow]

KV67oK4.jpg1CHj7VV.jpg

[glow=blue,2,300]And if you're looking for a quieter dining experience, then head upstairs to watch the show below or eat on the outside balcony![/glow]

TN4dO9P.jpgaTQtNA0.jpg

Our doors will be open through the week, but our singer's special performance happens this weekend, Saturday June 8th EST

((

Hello fellow RPers! I'm @TheBizi and I built the above SG base to look like a classy restaurant and would like to share it with the larger RP community. I know a lot of us would like some alternatives to the Pocket D, and I hope to deliver on that with the Talos Keys Lounge. I would feel honored if the Everlasting RP community used this base on a regular basis, coming and going as you all want for your RP needs.

The base passcode is: Lounge-1871

I'll be hanging out in the base ICly as my character Firesong Seraph on June 8th, 8pm EST (0:00am UTC), and using the broadcast channel for her IC singing. I hope you join me, socialize with friends here, and enjoy the lyrics Firesong sings for you!

I'm hosting this particular event in hopes of getting the word out about the base and hopefully start a community tradition of building, sharing, and using SG bases as RP space on Everlasting. Thanks for your interest, and good hunting heroes and villains!

Finally, here are some notes about to ICly expect:

-There are waiters and waitresses at the Keys of Talos. It's meant to be a 5-star dining experience.

-The main specialty dishes are seafood, though their steaks are top quality as well. There are vegetarian and vegan options.

-Reservations are not necessary for the private party seating. However, if you would like to reserve the place for your own private RP events, message me in game @TheBizi and I can change the SG passcode to give you and your group privacy.

-Although there is no enforcement of a dresscode, we politely ask you wear your finer attire (or super costumes for heroes).

Finally, this base is meant to be openly used for RP by the community. You're welcome to use your imagination!

))

Talos Keys Boardwalk - An SG base made for the public RP community to use! It features a classy restaurant and additional attractions, ICly located in Talos Island.

Check it out and use it for your RP needs at SG base passcode "Lounge-1871"

((Crazy timing, first a new nightclub and now a new restaurant? DJ Chronos might want to meet the new... competition? Fellow proprietor? Whatever, maybe over drinks at the club once the doors open, or a light meal at the restaurant :P ))

I've finished main construction and have an event planned and scheduled! I've updated the original post in this thread to reflect that.

Come join the grand opening on June 8th, 8pm EST (0:00am UTC), SG passcode Lounge-1871

Talos Keys Boardwalk - An SG base made for the public RP community to use! It features a classy restaurant and additional attractions, ICly located in Talos Island.

An RSVP slip (did you even send those out? Oh well, you've got better things to worry about, like getting the final touches on the place and getting things set up for the big event) lands in your hand out of nowhere. It's signed in sweeping flourishes in... glowing ink? No, that's definitely not ink...

DJ Chronos

Well, looks like the new club owner plans to come... what? Size up the competition? Have a night out? Who can know with that one?

((That being signed/said, I'm at a friend's place this weekend, so I may not get a chance to attend, but I'll be trying to make it, to see what you've done with the place. Not to get ideas for Club Valhalla, no, not at all...))

How does one locate a Supergroup base, if one was inclined to attend?

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

How does one locate a Supergroup base, if one was inclined to attend?

When you go to any supergroup base portal, one of the options is to "Enter Passcode". Select that, and you can enter any sg base that you have the code for. Codes are set by the supergroups.

For this base, the code is Lounge-1871

@OmegaX123

This won't be the only weekend I'll be doing something like this, so don't worry! I look forward to seeing your own sg base as well, and I'm more than happy to explain anything in the base construction you want to steal draw inspiration from :D

DO you have waitstaff?

ICly, yes, the restaurant has waitstaff. It's a 5-star dining experience!

There won't be any players to RP any, though. I'll add some notes to the original post to clarify some more IC details about the Talos Keys. Thank you for asking!

To everyone who came by the Talos Keys SG base tonight, thank you for visiting! I hope you enjoyed the music and socializing tonight. I do intend to schedule other social gatherings at this base again in the future, but I also plan on making other SG bases and hosting more interactive events as well.

This base will continue to be expanded upon and it's open for RP use for anyone and at any time. Passcode is "Lounge-1871"

I was astounded by the fact it had music playing

I wasn't astounded by that fact (it's a simple slash command in base edit mode, /sg_music [filename], filenames are available on CoH Wiki, ParagonWiki, etc, I believe I posted a link to the page and info about how to find the filename from that page, in another thread, check my profile for it), but I was impressed that they got it working, because I've been trying in Club Valhalla and the music doesn't seem to play, and I know my music channel is up high enough because I heard the music in Talos Keys.

EDIT: I found the list in an easier to digest and easier to find form, over on the CoH subreddit:

Here

How on earth did you get the open sky?

That one is incredibly easy.

What I assume the Talos Keys owner did, and what I did on Club Valhalla (though thinking about it, I probably didn't need to, since I surrounded the place with rocks to simulate an asteroid anyway, but it was still fun), was to fill a room (select a square in the room, "Add" the bigger block on the Object pane, and "Apply style to room"), move the base portal pillar to on top of that, exit base builder, type /stuck to move to the portal, and start building on the roof (alternately, fall/fly off the edge and start building under the base).

The other option, if you don't care about whether you keep or lose the walls and just want the sky, is to do the first part of 'fill a room from above (i.e.: select a square), 'remove' the top thin block on the 'Object' pane, then 'Select Style' and set 'High Ceilings' to "Open Sky" and 'Apply To Room' or 'Apply To Base'.

I have the room filled, but when I drag the portal, it will not go above the original square.  This is what it looks like.

https://imgur.com/gTCnLYf

Appreciate the help.

I forgot to mention one vital step in that version of the method: To move anything outside the bounds of the normal base area, you have to hit F3, or go to the Options button at the bottom of the base builder menu (that used to be the "Exit Base Builder" button before the latest patch) and go to Room Clipping and turn it on (I find F3 is quicker and more reliable, but the menu-based option is there anyway).

hey, I just want to thank you for this gorgeous location.

I come by three different times now with various friends for RP scenes and it has never failed to impress, and I told my SG about it in our OOC chat channel and like to talk it up when people look for a 'local bar' that isn't like, a dive.

I usually see one to four other people in there, but I'd love for it to catch on with more so it becomes just maybe a tiny bit more lively.

Your excellent job on the place deserves more attention!

Edit: A friend posted a thought to me and now that they have I agree with them.

This place is marvelous, and I love it, but a "5-star" restaurant it ain't and can never be.

Allow me to explain, as a 30+ year career waiter who has worked in fine dining.

You have a gorgeous upscale restaurant with dueling pianos, singer spot and stage [presumably the pianos can be removed ad it could just have a band], and a large central dance floor, and the dance floor and dueling pianos is what turns into a club, rather than a '5-star restaurant'.

A restaurant of extreme class would only ever have a single piano, where a live player might sit, and no more, and the music would be subdued, not a central theme, as fine diners don't come for the entertainment, the dining with family and friends IS the entertainment.

What the Talos Keys Lounge is, is a wonderful Seafood Restaurant, Grill and club downstairs, with an upscale Bar located upstairs.

Obviously this bar also serves the busy waitstaff to get beverages to all the patrons downstairs too, but it's more likely in a real establishment there would have to be a smaller service bar located downstairs, probably just off the kitchen, where ever it's hiding in that layout, so the service staff weren't going so far out of their way constantly. it's just to time consuming, would make it impossible for the waitstaff to get people their drinks quickly, and that is a huge no-no in the industry. It's how you get bad marks, rating, yelp reviews, etc. etc.

Anyhow, like I said, I think it's fantastic and gorgeous, and I'm hyping it up all over my social channels, but I thought you should pull back on the "5-star restaurant"  thing, as no 5-star fine dining place would have large scale loud entertainment disturbing the diners, nor the layout preventing waiters from easily getting drinks to every possible corner of the place quickly and easily.