Seismic Force with Seismic Shockwave proc

Brawlin

It has no purpose. Did a parse on the Mobile combat dummy with priority on proc'd stalagmite 3m 30s. Did one with proc'd Seismic force being the priority and it took 4m 30s.

The 7 seconds it shaves off meteor are so pointless. The rest of your blast powers come off cooldown fast enough that the extra recharge it gives to your blaster powers are wasted. Having meteor come off CD 7s faster is a joke compared to the massive damage that proc'd stalagmite does.

In trash pulls proc'd rock shards is way better then a shorter CD on meteor. If proc'd seismic force's recharge buff wasn't instant it would be useful but as it stands right now it only hurts your dps in AOE and ST situations.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

I like to fight.

The Shockwave boost is all situational for all 3 powers.  Most of the times I do want Rock Shards boosted by the Shockwaves.  When I'm dealing with single targets, I want Stalagmite boosted.  And when things get ridiculous because the team has over aggroed (and we all know this happens often), sometimes that 7s off Meteor's cooldown is desperately needed.  So I have found that boosting Seismic Force is useful occasionally.  All the time, no.  But there is still a use and purpose, imo.  

16 hours ago, Frozen Burn said:

The Shockwave boost is all situational for all 3 powers.  Most of the times I do want Rock Shards boosted by the Shockwaves.  When I'm dealing with single targets, I want Stalagmite boosted.  And when things get ridiculous because the team has over aggroed (and we all know this happens often), sometimes that 7s off Meteor's cooldown is desperately needed.  So I have found that boosting Seismic Force is useful occasionally.  All the time, no.  But there is still a use and purpose, imo.  

This post is an advertisement for Burnout. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/18/2021 at 6:57 PM, Brawlin said:

It has no purpose. Did a parse on the Mobile combat dummy with priority on proc'd stalagmite 3m 30s. Did one with proc'd Seismic force being the priority and it took 4m 30s.

The 7 seconds it shaves off meteor are so pointless. The rest of your blast powers come off cooldown fast enough that the extra recharge it gives to your blaster powers are wasted. Having meteor come off CD 7s faster is a joke compared to the massive damage that proc'd stalagmite does.

In trash pulls proc'd rock shards is way better then a shorter CD on meteor. If proc'd seismic force's recharge buff wasn't instant it would be useful but as it stands right now it only hurts your dps in AOE and ST situations.

There's no denying it's an extremely weak mechanic outside of the fringe cases where you just turn off enhancements or something. It could've been more useful, I agree.

• Thumbs Up 1

53 minutes ago, Chronicler J said:

This post is an advertisement for Burnout. 

True, if you have the power slots available to choose 2 other powers + Burnout.  I do not in my build, so the LITTLE bit of usefulness from the Seismic waves boosting recharge when clicking Seismic Force does have SOME value.  But I agree in that it's not much and maybe they could have come up with something better.  ??  Dunno.  ??  

But OP said there was "no" purpose or was pointless -- and I am saying there is a little bit of purpose and value to it.

8 hours ago, Vulpoid said:

It is still Build Up, though... Right?

If you take Earth Manipulation to pair with it, that is double Build Up.
Even if the gimmick mechanic leaves something to be desired, it is still cool to get +to hit and damage, Right?

I never said buildup was bad. The Shockwave proc on it is just so bad and has almost no use outside of the most fringe cases.

I like to fight.