Is something wrong on my end? Mids and DPI Scaling

nihilii

I got a new laptop a few months back. 17" screen and 1920x1080 resolution. That's a little hard on my eyes, so I'm scaling things to 110% through Windows.

Here's the problem: Mids looks like this.

Text is either super small and very hard to read. Or it takes a large part of the tiny windows (which I can't seem to resize).

I can't even see full set bonuses anymore.

And there's all that empty space to the right.

Is something wrong with my configuration?

mids_dpi_scaling.jpg

Edited by nihilii

• 1 month later
On 12/21/2021 at 7:32 AM, nihilii said:

I got a new laptop a few months back. 17" screen and 1920x1080 resolution. That's a little hard on my eyes, so I'm scaling things to 110% through Windows.

Here's the problem: Mids looks like this.

Text is either super small and very hard to read. Or it takes a large part of the tiny windows (which I can't seem to resize).

I can't even see full set bonuses anymore.

And there's all that empty space to the right.

Is something wrong with my configuration?

Apologies for only getting to this now. I've been pretty disconnected from CoH/Mids lately, so I haven't been lurking the forums much.

I can confirm that Mids does scale visually with the Windows Display Scaling options (though things do tend to get blurry). What you're seeing is normal for a 3 column layout. Like @plainguy said, if you go to the View menu at the top, 5 column tends to work best for Mids at 100% scale fullscreen window:

MidsReborn_zIOIVsmNh0.thumb.png.f152c83225e57b322ef083a03caf579f.png

As well, if text is difficult to read, you can actually configure those sizes, weights, and colors in Options > Configuration however you'd like, including changing to High Visibility text for the power 'tablets'

MidsReborn_cgoy11d5Uz.png.daf263c758f6038d8462c930068002dc.png

MidsReborn_GHvkn9oCb6.thumb.png.71af1fbab2e0715cf751a5ecd3c711bb.png

As for the boxes and windows not being able to rescale, that's an unfortunate factor of the technology behind the program's layout. It's a large part of why we're looking into working on a new build planner project with current tech. The current one is a nightmare to get to cooperate, even after all the refactoring that's been done.

We are aware of some issues (such as the stats being cut off, which you can see in my screenshot), which hopefully we'll get to in the future. Obviously at the moment the team's more focused on data parity with the game 😛

Edited by Felis Noctu
  • Like 1
mrb-social2_mini.png.464409b4404c13db31506dbe99d59609.png

Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer

The build planner to make your awesome characters even more awesome!

Into the Night "... and so we went into that dark night, for we knew our dawn would come again..."
~ The Meowcronomicon