Assassin's Strike Bug rears its ugly head once again

Wavicle

I've posted about this before in regards to Energy Melee on Stalkers. For all I know it impacts all Stalker primaries. This is my first encounter with it on the new Stone Melee for Stalkers.

I was in Hidden status. I started a slow Assassin's Strike which neither missed nor hit yet did alert the mobs to my presence. I did not move or otherwise interrupt or cancel the attack.

screenshot_211227-14-38-25.jpg

Unfortunately, it is across all stalker power sets. You trigger the AS, character drops into pose and starts animation, power does not go off, and the target and surrounding allies now all know you are there. If you check the combat log, it shows the assassin strike being activated, and then nothing. Combat starts because you "attacked" despite no attack actually firing. It has been going on randomly since HC launched. Don't recall the problem on Live though.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Rudra said:

Unfortunately, it is across all stalker power sets. You trigger the AS, character drops into pose and starts animation, power does not go off, and the target and surrounding allies now all know you are there. If you check the combat log, it shows the assassin strike being activated, and then nothing. Combat starts because you "attacked" despite no attack actually firing. It has been going on randomly since HC launched. Don't recall the problem on Live though.

You described it exactly though, so at least I know it’s not just me!

Definitely not just you.

From Champion (Hero) and Infinity (Villain), currently playing on Everlasting.

Former member of the Hammers of Justice on Champion.

Raid leader for 'Everlasting TFs'.

Mains: Trickery Girl (Ill/Rad Controller), Burk (Sword/Shield Stalker), and 6 other complete badge characters.

3 hours ago, Hedgefund said:

I'm here to raise my hand in agreement here.

It seems inconsistent.  Sometimes (but not all of the time) when I one-shot a mob with an AS opener they'll still get a hit on me.  

that’s a little different. The behavior I’m seeing is they don’t get one shotted, in fact they don’t get hit at all, or missed.

2 hours ago, Wavicle said:

that’s a little different. The behavior I’m seeing is they don’t get one shotted, in fact they don’t get hit at all, or missed.

I wasn't saying this was the same phenomenon, just another point for "something's off with Stalkers".

• Like 1