Transporters in Independence Port

rolandgrey

I'm sure some folks might want to see this sort of thing elsewhere, but it's Independence Port that REALLY needs something like this.

Independence Port is deceptive.  It is a lot larger than it looks at first glance and it can be irritating flying, running/swimming, jumping, or teleporting from East to West in there.  And it's ALWAYS East to West.  Typically, by the time you've leveled up to be in Independence Port, you've snagged yourself an Ouro Portal, so the next time you finish a mission or meet one of the couple contacts in IP's West Side, you just Ouro the Hell out of there.

It's not very fun to traverse IP is what I'm saying.

There are a couple ways this could be mitigated.

One: A third tram station, this one in Independence Port's west side.  Just right smack dab in the mid-point of that region.  It's still a bit rough hoofing it north or south, but not as bad as hoofing it from the east side.

Two: Transporters.  We've got Praetorians and all of their snazzy technology running around now, we can install some hero-use transporters next to the tram station that can zip us across the zone to certain points (NW IP, SW IP, TV Entrance) like the in-base transporter points.

• Thumbs Up 1

You can be a good man, the best man in the world...  But there will always be somebody who hates a good man.

1 hour ago, rolandgrey said:

One: A third tram station, this one in Independence Port's west side.  Just right smack dab in the mid-point of that region.  It's still a bit rough hoofing it north or south, but not as bad as hoofing it from the east side.

It'd be pretty cool to have an IP West tram station.  It'd have to be a subway so that nobody has to draw new train lines on the map.

• Like 1

Just thought of another place that needs something like this...

Brickstown.

Since we started teleporting to the Base Portal, Brickstown no longer has that second location that is closer to the mission doors and contacts in southern Bricks.

You can be a good man, the best man in the world...  But there will always be somebody who hates a good man.

Back before the teleport pool revamp, I was advocating for "mid range teleport," which would allow you to teleport to the neighborhood markers in your current zone (as a replacement for the then-long range teleport, which was eventually replaced by fold space).  Obviously now overtaken by events, but something like that still seems like people would love it.  Maybe a P2W moneysink?  Buy uses of it for 10k inf each?

Edited by aethereal

Eh... it's not really that big a thing to me.  Sure, comparatively, it's a long arduous slog, but we're only talking about like maybe two minutes tops?  Probably less than that.  I actually rather like taking a few seconds to fly/jump/speed past the city, but I'm weird that way.  I mean, it'd be a QoL sure, but a rather minor one I mean, there's lots more I'd rather see done first.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝